DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking off from 520m

Have you guys seen this video....any idea how he bypassed the height lock?

By using an entirely different kind of aircraft? There's really nothing in that video that proves it was a Mavic. Looking at the scene at 0:04, and again at 2:06, does that fisheye look like a Mavic camera's angle of view?

Reactions: west1200us
Have you guys seen this video....any idea how he bypassed the height lock?
wasnt there something about using the RTH and then cancelling it out while increasing the altitude? (obviously not recommended)

Not a Mavic - the footage displays a very typical fisheye effect, not present in any DJI drones since the P2.

Reactions: west1200us
Who will try to hike up to 5000m peak and launch his Mavic to see what happen ? Please.... any volunteer? LOL :p

I'd be fine with that but don't have any trips planned for higher mountains this year. Considering the power that the Mavic has at 14,000 ft msl, I believe it would do fine at 5,000 meters (about 16,400 ft). That's my video near the top of this thread showing the Mavic flying about 14,000.

Not a Mavic - the footage displays a very typical fisheye effect, not present in any DJI drones since the P2.

oh ok, Thank you. Yeah I have nothing to compare it with. The mavic is going to be my first real drone (i had a $30 one that was fun in the backyard)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga