DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tap to Fly in Map view?

waverider969

Reactions
So I see a lot of videos about Tap to Fly but all of them show tapping on a camera view screen and having it go to a point visable on the screen. Some videos don't even tell you the importence of tapping above or below the horizon line on screen which will effect your bird from going up or down as it flys in a straight line. They say just tap that direction and your drone will go that way. Sure it will go that way desending down till it crashes into something below it (if the vision didn't pick up a small tree or pole).
Anyway I keep hearing ads for "tap to fly" online saying just tap on the map and watch your drone go there. I haven't tried it yet but want to know if its possible since I havent seen any one do that. I think this is a better feature: find a location (near by) on my map screen tap to send the mavic to fly there (at a set altitude of course) in straight line. Is this part of tap to Fly??

Reactions: Daptone
i would like to know how to use this feature as well.. wonder if the guide line is from the center of the camera ?. if so do i tap on the line to keep at the same altitude, and if i tap below the line when will the mavic stop decending... cant seem to work out how to use this yet.

I'd love to know too. Seems more useful to tap on map view to go from point A to point B

I have the same sort of doubt.
Say I am on the mountain. My Home Point is at 1200 meters above sea level (MASL). I want my Mavic to videorecord the top of a peak next to it, say 2 km away, which is at 1900 MASL. Should I tap on the video image above the top of that mountain (that I see on my Go 4 app screen), or tap on the map on its vertical point? How does the bird know that it has to go high for more than 700 meters and in diagonal for 2 km? And that the RTH altitude must be 700 meters below the most distant point of flight?
Thanks, folks...

I would like to understand more about Tap Fly too.
Did a test the other day and if probably went were it tapped on the screen. The problem was, as it was travelling away I had NO clear idea how far yet to go to my vague Tap point. If there was info about how far to the 'mystery destination', I couldn't see it on the screen, but would like to know how far it was going!
I have the same uncertainty if Tap above or below the horizon.
Any experts here?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78