DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Techniques to locate lost Mavic - how to find?

On the radar I’m aware of craft icon, hadn’t noticed a dot for home... I’ll examine that. Lost me on the Home Lock, doesn’t pulling Rt stick back control direction? Or that changes with home lock?
Home Lock sets the orientation of the craft to ~ right stick forward = away from home ~ right stick back = towards home ~ regardless of which way the craft is facing. The craft no longer uses its own orientation. Forward is away. Back is home. Keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily mean that it will return to you. It will return to where its last home point was recorded. While this feature was meant for cinematic purposes, it sure comes in handy when you've lost track of the craft, or simply lost track of its orientation. No matter which way it is facing, it will hold that orientation and either fly towards the home point or away. Be careful with left and right stick movements, as all moves are relative to the home point. So moving the right stick left ~becomes flying to the left of the line between the home point and the craft ~no matter which way the craft is facing. You get the idea....

If I can add something obvious: never try to fly far away the first time, know the region by coming regularly and doing longer and longer flights, until you find yourself confident if you need an urgent landing. Yes, you need more than one battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1