DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tell Your Crash Story!

montanacurt

Reactions
Tell the story of your Mavic crash! What happened? What did you learn? How could it have been avoided? What do you do differently now? What would a new pilot need to know to avoid a costly mistake?

My Story: Since I just got my Mavic (first flight today) and haven't crashed it I'll tell my Phantom 2 crash story. I have an older Phantom 2 that a friend sold me when he upgraded. He showed me the ropes on several test flights.

I put the Phantom away for several months and didn't fly it. In the spring, I had it out at one of our lakes in Montana and wanted to get back into learning about drones. I checked the battery level by pushing the button and looking at the lights -- looked fully charged. I put the bird up in the air and in not very long I was pushing the stick up and the drone was coming down fast. Crash! Gimble destroyed. Props busted.

What did I learn:

1. Read the whole manual. Don't just get a friend to "show you the ropes" like I did. I didn't know enough at the time. With my new Mavic I've read the whole manual and watched tons of videos. I took a 107 Cert Ground school. I've created a maintenance log and joined this forum.

2. Always start with a fresh fully charged battery. Also, know about these batteries.

I hope we'll hear some other stories to get tips to avoid costly crashes. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum