DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tello. Who's getting one? I did!

I see a lot of them on e-bay selling for almost double. Like LuvMyTJ said ,Amazon has them for 99 $. Thanks for Drone Pilots we can post this for future pilots.

Ordered mine for 99$ at Thor’s Drone Wolrd ! Very fast delivery !

Howdy, 55 mph gusts outside, made me buy one. LOVE IT! it has a sports mode! just need extra batteries and a bluetooth game controller and ill be set.
finally get to post "i crashed my drone " flew my tello in to the wheel well of my truck! flying too fast, let off controls, it coasted into the wheel well, it was just hovering there (i couldn't see it) then it hit something and flung itself out, error code 74 calibrate IMU, i didn't, turned it off , back on, it flew fine! what a champ!

Reactions: Let Us Drone
finally get to post "i crashed my drone " flew my tello in to the wheel well of my truck! flying too fast, let off controls, it coasted into the wheel well, it was just hovering there (i couldn't see it) then it hit something and flung itself out, error code 74 calibrate IMU, i didn't, turned it off , back on, it flew fine! what a champ!
These are awesome little drones, crashed mine a few times indoors and no issues, I do have prop guards on though

Awesome. So you are with DJI? Where are you based?
Yes we are, we're the authorised retail store in Australia. We've got stores in Victoria, NSW and QLD. Our HQ is in Brunswick, Victoria. Plus we can ship all around Australia.
If you do purchase with us online, I can offer you free shipping with any purchase through mentioning Mavicpilot forums!

Yes we are, we're the authorised retail store in Australia. We've got stores in Victoria, NSW and QLD. Our HQ is in Brunswick, Victoria. Plus we can ship all around Australia.
If you do purchase with us online, I can offer you free shipping with any purchase through mentioning Mavicpilot forums!
Ok, where is the store in NSW? Is it a DJI store or just an authorised reseller?

I get one tomorrow - Monday 23rd April, 2018. I got the Mavic today. I've never used a drone before.

Off to Norway, I basically thought wow - there's no getting up those Fjords . . . No roads, you're either a die hard trekker or a highly experienced mountaineer, and then I came across drone footage : )

Now I am into photography and I don't anymore but have worked in the film industry but I've never even considered getting into drones. Of course a month of research brought me to the Mavic, but someone said " Don't buy a drone, you can't afford to crash". To my mind, if I write it off having had it at least a few months, then so be it but if I was to crash it within the first few days and lose it - my local flying areas are largely in a flood plain with a river, marshes, ponds, lakes, quarries too surprisingly, dominating, then you know, I'm not going to be best pleased so I figured at the last minute that it might just be wise to get acquainted with a cheap drone first so look them up I did. By pure coincidence one of the better reviewers on YT who I subscribe to actually posted a review of the Tello the day I was viewing reviews of cheap drones - I ordered it immediately. In fact, whilst I got the Mavic today, I have to wait until tomorrow for the Tello.

I could also in truth see a number of advantages; for me, its for a hobby, not TV etc. The Mavic - its not something I'd be comfortable taking down little streets or flying really, really low, or through small gaps under a bridge with water below, nor do I rate the Mavic as ideal for small confined interiors. The way I see it is, if I crash the Tello, it stands a good chance of surviving intact. If I lose it in water, well, it's not a £1,000 down the swanny is it? And the way I see it is, the Mavic looks like a Formula 1 car - built for the track, or the air, not the streets and dirt tracks - flying really low over the water, through a small gap etc so I figured it might actually have some long term use for me so yes, tomorrow, I get one of them too - or this week anyway, might not get to collect it tomorrow.

Reactions: frank candor
Be very careful with either, read the instructions and know what your limitations are. That takes a lot of reading and/or practice. Unfortunately the Tello is a bit limited compared to the Mavic. Do some reading on the forum about folks loosing their MP's. It might help a bit.

Be very careful with either, read the instructions and know what your limitations are. That takes a lot of reading and/or practice. Unfortunately the Tello is a bit limited compared to the Mavic. Do some reading on the forum about folks loosing their MP's. It might help a bit.

Oh, the closer I got to buying a Mavic, the more I felt that I didn't want it as a first drone. I know I've sort of got it as a first drone but I haven't actually unboxed it yet and I do plan to but I'm in no rush to. Potentially, I could send it back for up to a month, but I expect to open it and use it but I've maybe done enough research - if only just, to suggest this probably isn't something to rush into and yeah, I'll be reading a lot more yet, and viewing a lot more videos and see how we get on with the Tello for a bit, see what we learn from that but appreciate the warning to be honest. I can well imagine . . .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760