DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tello. Who's getting one? I did!

I got my dispatch notice this morning, ordered on the 6th. Lets see if its Airmail or via sea.

But compatible only with Android?
At this point in time. Neither controller works. The supposed T1d yet to be announce is the one that will work. On the other hand the iPad mini gamesir also supposedly works so that is your best bet atm.

Has anybody tried it with the Parrot FlyPad controller with either an Apple or android device?
Thanks.

Been flying my new Tello for a few days. I was really disappointed at first with all the lag and wifi interference. I was flying on my Android S8+. I then installed the app on my Ipad Mini 4 and flew it today. Wow! What a difference! No lag and much better connection. I recommend that you try this thing with an apple device. It flies with much better control. Able to fly around the entire house upstairs and down.

To bad they don't seem to support Android or are having problems doing so. Hard to justify the purchase 300 buck IPad mini to fly a 100 dollar toy. That said I stumbled across this while on a search.

BTW do any of you Apple folks know if an ITouch would work if I download the Tello app on it? It has Wi-Fi and bluetooth.

For all intents and purposes, the iPod Touch is an iPhone without cell capability, it even uses the same processors and iOS. So yes it should work.

But compatible only with Android?

Yeah but it clearly says under features, ' Does not work with Tello.' Though it originally said it did.
):---( I got one l cant get it to work. Have an Android phone. Galaxy 8+. Anyone manage to get it to work, or another controller with an Android phone?

Hi All,

I wanted to insure that you are aware that if you purchase the Gamevice FMI Controller you will not be able to fly the Tello in FPV mode. The reason being is that the Gamevice controller is not a Bluetooth controller. It’s connection to the Tello app is through the physical connection to the iPhone or tablet via the lighting connection. Therefore, you can’t place the iPhone in the VR Goggles and use the Gamevice Controller to pilot the Tello at the same time.

For those who have Apple devices, from what I’ve seen to date, your best bet is to use the PXN-6603 Speedy Controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: radman
Hi all,

I have tested the tello with a Wi-Fi repeater from xiaomi and the video feed is vastly improved. Haven’t had the chance to test range/height with the extender. Will get back when I have smth new.

A quick question: Does the Tello support headless mode? Where can I find that?

Thanks

Reactions: tiparoch
Hi all,

I have tested the tello with a Wi-Fi repeater from xiaomi and the video feed is vastly improved. Haven’t had the chance to test range/height with the extender. Will get back when I have smth new.

A quick question: Does the Tello support headless mode? Where can I find that?

Thanks

Hiya...thanks! I have tried a repeater too... Very good results, here too, especially control. What do you mean headless mode?

Hi All,

I wanted to insure that you are aware that if you purchase the Gamevice FMI Controller you will not be able to fly the Tello in FPV mode. The reason being is that the Gamevice controller is not a Bluetooth controller. It’s connection to the Tello app is through the physical connection to the iPhone or tablet via the lighting connection. Therefore, you can’t place the iPhone in the VR Goggles and use the Gamevice Controller to pilot the Tello at the same time.

For those who have Apple devices, from what I’ve seen to date, your best bet is to use the PXN-6603 Speedy Controller.

I would think that is pretty obvious, no?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard