DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Terrible customer relations

Parman

Reactions
Been waiting since October and just saw this on my dealers site:

01/18/2017 6PM EST----latest update received today from DJI Direct to all Dist/Dealers

Hi Dealers
This is an update as of this morning on DJI Products.
DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Combo
Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.
The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.

What an absolute crock - way to screw your dealers and customers.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Very strange when they have been emailing and announcing "Order now and receive in 5 days"... Of course I go to find that ad.... and now I can't. Will post it up if I find it...

Very strange when they have been emailing and announcing "Order now and receive in 5 days"... Of course I go to find that ad.... and now I can't. Will post it up if I find it...
That is still true but it is only if you order directly from DJI. It is only dealers that are having to wait, you could cancel your order and order through DJI direct and get it faster but it sucks that you cannot support your local dealer.

Reactions: Parman
If GoPro starts distribution through dealers once the karma is flying again I bet dji will suddenly value their dealer channels again.

To
Message body
Order now! Shipping within 5-7 business days.

View it in your browser

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your continued support of DJI!

We wanted to let you know that now’s the time to pick up that Mavic Pro you’ve had your eye on. This small yet powerful drone can go with you everywhere, turning the sky into your creative canvas and making every moment an aerial moment.

Order today and your Mavic Pro will ship within 5-7 business days.

SHOP NOW

You're receiving this email because you're subscribed to a DJI mailing list. If you believe that this is an error, or you no longer wish to receive e-mail from DJI, please unsubscribe here.

This e-mail is from DJI whose registered office is located at 14th Floor, West Wing, Skyworth Semiconductor Design Building, No.18 Gaoxin South 4th Ave, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China, 518057. Details.

Update Your Profile | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

6wuOeDKZnV_290636680_1053304_437691_992917.gif

Enjoy the view.

That is still true but it is only if you order directly from DJI. It is only dealers that are having to wait, you could cancel your order and order through DJI direct and get it faster but it sucks that you cannot support your local dealer.

Absolutely.... DJI kinda has everyone by the balls...

Been waiting since October and just saw this on my dealers site:

01/18/2017 6PM EST----latest update received today from DJI Direct to all Dist/Dealers

Hi Dealers
This is an update as of this morning on DJI Products.
DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Combo
Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.DJI
The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.

What an absolute crock - way to screw your dealers and customers.

Yeah, but those who ordered DJI Direct, were saying the same thing a few weeks ago, about dealers getting stock while they waited forever for theirs.

Depends on where you ordered as to whether or not you think it is a crock.

Reactions: Kilrah
Sorry, makes me glad I ordered mine from their site directly. I ordered November and got it in December.

But seriously, I'm sorry yours is taking so long, I know how your feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If GoPro starts distribution through dealers once the karma is flying again I bet dji will suddenly value their dealer channels again.

The karma was complete and total garbage and was at best an alpha product in development. It was no where near as good as the Mavic when it came to portability, stability, autonomous features, and flight time. It's going to need a while before that gets refined.

The karma was complete and total garbage and was at best an alpha product in development. It was no where near as good as the Mavic when it came to portability, stability, autonomous features, and flight time. It's going to need a while before that gets refined.

And dji was so scared of it they pushed up the mavic launch by months. They basically released a beta product.

And dji was so scared of it they pushed up the mavic launch by months. They basically released a beta product.

If that's true, you couldn't tell because the Mavic Pro is pretty solid. The Karma is quite flimsy and heavy. With portability in mind, it weighs more than the Phantom 4 Pro with RC, has unpredictably low battery life despite being bigger, and thus having a much bigger battery and drifts a lot. I have the Mavic Pro and I can say, if the product is still beta, then quality control is insane over at DJI.

Well - I would like to be able to comment. But I've been waiting since October. Thus the thread.

Sorry for the frustration, there are many on the forum who felt the same, my wait was 8 weeks. As for the Karma, I would be surprised if it ever came back, GoPro's stock took a beating on the recall, and the bad press will just about kill any possible demand for it, even if they fix the issues it had. If you order from DJI direct the chances are you will get it before the holiday break. Good luck with your decision.

I like to support the local guys. I just hate that dji is screwing them over. We all want the product but at what expense? As American consumers we demand right-now service and delivery and ***** when we don't get it. Yet we won't patronize the businesses that can provide that or at least make our voices (and wallets) heard.

I started this thread so that people could see that dji has lied to the distributors to ensure market penetration all the while pushing people to their delivery channels. I don't mind buying directly from dji - but don't offer pre sale through your distribution partners and then change the game. I've been waiting almost 4 months! But dji doesn't give a ding dong **** because they "know" I'll either keep waiting or buy from them directly.

Again - just be truthful to your customers. We really are a pretty forgiving lot if given the chance.

I like to support the local guys. I just hate that dji is screwing them over. We all want the product but at what expense? As American consumers we demand right-now service and delivery and ***** when we don't get it. Yet we won't patronize the businesses that can provide that or at least make our voices (and wallets) heard.

I started this thread so that people could see that dji has lied to the distributors to ensure market penetration all the while pushing people to their delivery channels. I don't mind buying directly from dji - but don't offer pre sale through your distribution partners and then change the game. I've been waiting almost 4 months! But dji doesn't give a ding dong **** because they "know" I'll either keep waiting or buy from them directly.

Again - just be truthful to your customers. We really are a pretty forgiving lot if given the chance.

Sorry - rant over.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan