DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank you to RCDancer and Fatherxmas for what you do.

Former Member

Reactions
@RCdancer and @FatherXmas

After having met these fine gentleman today, I know that the world is a better place because of people like them.

Bob is retired military, and has organized the DSAR (https://www.dronesar.info) from the ground up. He is a tireless individual, great organizer, motivator, and communicator. He is a great commander-in-chief of DSAR and is a role model. When he talks, his mannerisms remind me of Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan, 2 men I admire for their strengths.

Charlie is a kind, soft spoken man with a big heart. He and his family volunteer their time to help the people of their small town in emergencies and also as leaders. Charlie knows more about SAR first hand than I will ever know.

I was honored to be in such great company. Thank you for what you do.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Former Member
Thank you for your kind words. We had a great time yesterday,

Reactions: Former Member
Among the many things I took away from the meeting yesterday were:

1. It always helps to have an extra set of eyes. You might not see something on the display while flying, but an observer who is watching an external display just might.
  2. Victims might not be where they say they are, or where you think they should be. Another great reason to bring at least 2 batteries with you so that you can fly while one battery is charging if the coordinates didnt help.
  3. Goggles help immensely. Bob sat and used the goggles while I flew. As an independent spotter, he could direct me to where to fly next. A spotter can tell you go lower, higher, or go back and have a look at an area. The goggles eliminate all the ambient light, so the user can focus on the ground.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J