DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks DJI ... Goodbye

I think if I time traveled back 10 years ago read this forum and saw all the complaining about a short delay of a few weeks or a few months I would be shaking my head. Things like Amazon Prime and all the, "I got to have it yesterday" have made me a little cray. Also DJI telling us it's because of demand instead of the real reason reminds me of the current election or politics.

Bottom line, there are 7 Billion people on the planet today and 100 years from now none of them will be alive. So hey, our problems really aren't that important. And the famous people really aren't that cool. I know I'm not.

Blue Skies,
Bill

Remember when you ordered from one of these and waited 4-6 weeks! :eek:

il_570xN.459745758_o7xc.jpg

I remember that book :):oops:

Reactions: Fplvert
I remember that book :):oops:

ho yeah....mail a check off, wonder for a bit, move on, forget completely, then have a mini Christmas when your package finally shows up half a season later*

*the above poster fully acknowledges the degree to which he has dated himself and invites all of you millennials to wipe that incredulous smirk off your faces

Reactions: BlueSkies
Is not what we used it for .:)

Reactions: DefaultIT
Is not what we used it for .:)

Yes, for many places where the good stuff was frowned upon you had only Sears and Monkey Wards catalogs to spur the imagination. We all no what section we're talking about so no need to tells the kiddies...

Brian

Reactions: dirkclod
Lots of bad eggs around here. It's fine, and I'm guilty too, of getting super excited but when it crosses over into Veruca Salt territory: not helping.

upload_2016-10-20_9-12-27.png

Yes, for many places where the good stuff was frowned upon you had only Sears and Monkey Wards catalogs to spur the imagination. We all no what section we're talking about so no need to tells the kiddies...

Brian
JC Pennys had the best catalog for, ahem, that. ;)

I ordered mine in late September, the Customer Services told me that they had stock coming in today (Hurrah!) but couldn't give me a delivery date. Put me through to their 'Mavic team' who told me this was not correct (boooo!), they didn't have stock and 'believe' they will get some in November. Annoying but what the heck, it's not like everyone else is getting theirs first and I'm left in limbo. It will arrive when it does and, in the meantime, I've got my P4 to play with...

We are sorry that we had delays. It happens. 6 days is not horrible. When you look at your order date also look at your payment confirmation date. Some companies take longer than others. I have seen as long as 6 days after order for payments to clear. That is your real date, not when you went on line. Just be aware of that limitation.

Why in the world did you sell your P4 the very day you ordered your Mavic?You knew what the estimated ship date was, and that it was just an estimation. Poor planning on your part. You could still be flying your P4.
I think DJI was caught a little off guard at the demand. It's a tough call to make on setting production numbers on a new product. Set it to low and you loose sales and customers. Set it to high and you loose your job.
Anyway, it's just a drone. Learn to relax a bit.

Hope everyone asks for a refund so I can move up to the front of the line . . They are officially shipping as was announced yesterday. If you did bail and ask for a refund, I think you'll wish they weren't now back of the line. . . .and . . . If Mavic has the same level of problems as the Phantoms, this machine will still create a new "killer market".

As soon as I saw the Mavic announcement, I got super excited, listed and sold my Phantom 4 right away and ordered the Mavic on the same day it was announced. Waiting 2-3 weeks was bearable being droneless. I had lots of plans for the phantom 4 that I had to put on hold. Now with the failed promises, lies and lack of information is just plain unprofessional!! It was getting annoying With the pointless universal copy and paste replies from all the customer support and now The official email from DJI "We will give you an update but we will not tell you anything... " What the heck!!! I hope tons of people start demanding refunds, I know I will by end of the week... It's a huge slap in the face not because of the delays, but because you take all our money and then treat this like a biggest secret in the world, like we are trying to get info from the pentagon, as if we are unconviniencing you by doing us a huge favor or something. This is exactly how your customers drop like flies. Lastly I'm sure this was forseen, and yet it was still presented with all these promises, just to stick it to GoPro and take customers from them. I'll be demanding my refund by end of this week, I suggest many do the same, this is the only way DJI will improve ...
I want what I want, and I want it NOW! Instant gratification generation. S*t happens, relax, you'll live a lot longer to fly more.:)

As soon as I saw the Mavic announcement, I got super excited, listed and sold my Phantom 4 right away and ordered the Mavic on the same day it was announced. Waiting 2-3 weeks was bearable being droneless. I had lots of plans for the phantom 4 that I had to put on hold. Now with the failed promises, lies and lack of information is just plain unprofessional!! It was getting annoying With the pointless universal copy and paste replies from all the customer support and now The official email from DJI "We will give you an update but we will not tell you anything... " What the heck!!! I hope tons of people start demanding refunds, I know I will by end of the week... It's a huge slap in the face not because of the delays, but because you take all our money and then treat this like a biggest secret in the world, like we are trying to get info from the pentagon, as if we are unconviniencing you by doing us a huge favor or something. This is exactly how your customers drop like flies. Lastly I'm sure this was forseen, and yet it was still presented with all these promises, just to stick it to GoPro and take customers from them. I'll be demanding my refund by end of this week, I suggest many do the same, this is the only way DJI will improve ...

What would be tragic is if the Mavic Pro arrives long before your refund does! DJI is busy with all hands on deck and the last thing that they want to do is to divert resources to refunds. People and companies tend to like to hang on to free cash for as long as they can. So how does it feel buddy to be DJIs banker offering interest free loans. Given that you couldn't afford to keep your P4 until the Mavic arrived, your finances are likely a little strapped so you are probably paying a little credit card interest to be DJI's interest free banker.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. What DJI did was deceptive. But here was an opportunity for them to capitalize on millions of dollars in sales and cash. If you were a business owner would you not have done this? Cash flow is king and your cash allowed them to increase their manufacturing volume. They used your cash to buy more manufacturing labour and materials. Heck, they probably built a new factory.

And the reason given that the delay is due to overwhelming demand is pure BS. Overwhelming demand should not delay the shipment of the first orders. Are they saying they expected to sell 50,000 units and built 50,000 units, but they got 100,000 orders, so the first 50,000 customers now have to wait while the last 50,000 get built? I call Bull Caca on this. You start shipping when you fill containers. I assume they are shipping by air and not ship? If shipping by ship, they should have sent the first batches by air to create a buzz.

I buy a lot of items on release date, but release date to the retail channels. I want to see the box before I pay. Is it shipping damaged? I want to see the product first. Is it damaged? One thing about about buying a DJI through a store front is you can refund it with ease if there is an issue.

I always buy the latest iphone. Took me a few weeks to get the iphone 7. Staff kept telling me to preorder. While telling me to preorder the courier arrived to the store with a shipment of new iphone 7 pluses in the color I wanted.

The issue with presales is if the retailer is unscrupulous. Let's say they have $100 million in sales. Let's say they can now ship those presale orders. Do they ship to the presale customers or do they send those presold units to the retail channel to capture more sales for the quarter from customers who didn't commit?. Doing the latter allows them to double their sales. The presale customers are captive and not going anywhere.

One thing I hate about presales is when the store front retailer gets it before I do. And who knows. Maybe the Best Buy and Apple Store orders get filled before yours does because they are a huge customer. That's what you would do if you owned the company.

It would be funny if I got my Mavic Pro from Bestbuy before the customers who pre purchased it in September did. What a lesson that would be.

Last edited:
This is a sad reality of economics nowadays.. and big corps dont really bat an eyelid on such issues because they know their product will sell and be in demand , kind of like the sellers market you saw in vancouver with housing..

As I recall, the Phantom 4 "announcement" around Christmas lead to all kinds of speculation about when it ship but was finally "released" in Bejing 7 March . . . I ordered mine from drdrone.ca on a Friday 1 April 2016 . . . and got it the next Wed April 6th . . . why is everyone whining?

If you are in Canada at least and you are that HOT on getting one . . order it from the EAST coast because that's the first landing point in North America . . they get them first . . .and they likely still have un-committed MavicPros already coming any time now if you want one. No, I don't get any discount or freebees, they are just a good reliable source. I betting I get mine sooner than later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78