DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks DJI - RTH works. :)

CrowsFeet

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
After 18 months of owning my MP, RTH came in exceptionally useful!

On holiday in Portugal, I calibaretaed (different hemisphere) and flew about. I then headed off over the sea, 800m and 15m up. All good. Looked beautiful. Decided to take a photo.

Switched to still. Clicked for photo. And bang. Black screen. No video. Then a message. I can’t recall the message, but something on the lines of “no signal”.

I had no idea where the quad was. Looked around. Nothing.

I had never tried RTH. Then. I heard a distant lovely sound. It had done its job. Flew back overhead. I hoped to regain control. But the screen remained black. It hovered overhead and landed. I was extatic. I thought it was lost.

It turned out, I think, to be a faulty USB cable. Because I never got signal back. Switched cables and all good.

I feel so much more happy it’s th quad. Nice one.

So I got brave and shot this video. Sea? Who cares. :) RTH wills ave me.

Excellent - nice to hear a story that didn't end up with the Mavic in the surf.

After 18 months of owning my MP, RTH came in exceptionally useful!

On holiday in Portugal, I calibaretaed (different hemisphere) and flew about. I then headed off over the sea, 800m and 15m up. All good. Looked beautiful. Decided to take a photo.

Switched to still. Clicked for photo. And bang. Black screen. No video. Then a message. I can’t recall the message, but something on the lines of “no signal”.

I had no idea where the quad was. Looked around. Nothing.

I had never tried RTH. Then. I heard a distant lovely sound. It had done its job. Flew back overhead. I hoped to regain control. But the screen remained black. It hovered overhead and landed. I was extatic. I thought it was lost.

It turned out, I think, to be a faulty USB cable. Because I never got signal back. Switched cables and all good.

I feel so much more happy it’s th quad. Nice one.

So I got brave and shot this video. Sea? Who cares. :) RTH wills ave me.

Had a similar experience, must admit when the screen went blank it was total panic could not see or hear anything, then suddenly it was above my head Phew! all was good again. Nice Video.

I had a similar experience with a good cable but around 40% smartphone battery level (on a motorola X 2014).
Smartphone Battery level was too low and suddently broke OTG connection...

Nice video! Did you trigger the RTH yourself or did it automatically RTH upon signal loss? I am guessing that you triggered it because if the cable went bad then the controller should have still had connection to the aircraft- allowing you to see distance, altitude etc on the controller (not phone) while it flew home?

Reactions: RJ111
Why does the phone or cable matter at all? Can’t the Mavic be flown even with just the controller?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn