DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fable of my friend Elmer

Former Member

Reactions
This is a fable of my Friend Elmer. Elmer loves to use glue on everything, including his drone. Arm breaks, Elmer is on the spot. Gimbal cracked, Elmer glues it back. Controller 5 way button broke off, no problem. A few drop from Elmer, and the problem is fixed. Bad part is that the button doesnt move any more. Elmers Mavic doesnt look that great any more, but he swears it flies just fine. However, he says one of the motors doesnt run as smooth as the others and it all started when he glued the front leg back on. He glued it from underneath, so the glue might have gotten in to the motor.

Do you have any advice for old Elmer that might apply? (pun intended)

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky
the glue would have worked with his old balsa models but not with the latest UAVs he needs to move with the times these are basically a flying computer and require a lot of expertise to repair

I guess Elmer was just stuck in his old ways.

LoL Thumbswayup;)

This is a fable of my Friend Elmer. Elmer loves to use glue on everything, including his drone. Arm breaks, Elmer is on the spot. Gimbal cracked, Elmer glues it back. Controller 5 way button broke off, no problem. A few drop from Elmer, and the problem is fixed. Bad part is that the button doesnt move any more. Elmers Mavic doesnt look that great any more, but he swears it flies just fine. However, he says one of the motors doesnt run as smooth as the others and it all started when he glued the front leg back on. He glued it from underneath, so the glue might have gotten in to the motor.

Do you have any advice for old Elmer that might apply? (pun intended)
Hi Rob i guess its up to me to give you the answer you really wanted to hear and that is Elmer should not have been using his drone in a none airworthy condition as he was responsible for making sure it was in a safe condition to fly

For an old man, you are good at hitting the nail on the head! ;)
perhaps i should not answer your stories its a shame that newbies dont answer them much i try to wait to see what others say lets hope some of them learn from them wisdom and age go together i guess

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400