DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Lilly is back!

Just got off w/ online chat and stated that there's a video demo coming out in the next few days.

Why would anyone buy a company name associated with a $34,000,000 scam? I hope the new owner's video demo isn't fake...

Reactions: Kilrah
Why would anyone buy a company name associated with a $34,000,000 scam? I hope the new owner's video demo isn't fake...
We will never know.....yeah , hope that it's not another fake.

Could be that the company had $34 million invested in it, and the new owners only paid $750 thousand for it. I wonder how much inventory they had built up when they originally decided to close shop.

It's a pretty cool design, an X8 motor configuration, which is rare on commercial hobby drones. And it can carry an extra external battery for up to 36 minute flights. As someone mentioned, the camera appears to be fixed. That's a show-stopper for me. But I'm glad there's another drone maker in the mix. Competition is good for consumers. On the Lily site the $300 off "coupon" put's the deluxe package (i.e., with controller) right at $499.

Lessons learned. Do not buy preorders (DJI Mavic's debut. Resellers promised delivery that never came). Lily investors/preorders never got their drone. GoPro Karma fell out of the sky. Early adopters take considerable risk with new products. I'm happy with 97% features of the Mavic. It just needs a better camera and less restrictive flight features (500 meter limit on GPS waypoints) and an independent display that's not dependent on software updates to maintain compatibility.

Reactions: tracer bullet
I wonder how much inventory they had built up when they originally decided to close shop.
Probably nothing, doubt they had their intended tech ready for production - new one is a completely different design anyway.

It's a pretty cool design, an X8 motor configuration
It's not an X8, the thing on the bottom is a foldable "foot".

The video is likely going to be trash with no gimbal. I'm almost certain that the 4K spec is cheated, and that it will only be available with software stabilization off i.e. completely unusable, just there to add a marketing bullet point.

Last edited:
It's not an X8, the thing on the bottom is a foldable "foot".

The video is likely going to be trash with no gimbal. I'm almost certain that the 4K spec is cheated, and that it will only be available with software stabilization off i.e. completely unusable, just there to add a marketing bullet point.

Ah yes, I see now that it's a foot. I'm also seeing different reporting as to how much their buy-out cost. Right now the introductory price, with controller, is $499, which is cheaper than a Spark with controller. If they do go up to their target price of $799, I can't imagine anyone buying a Lily over a Spark.

Ah yes, I see now that it's a foot. I'm also seeing different reporting as to how much their buy-out cost. Right now the introductory price, with controller, is $499, which is cheaper than a Spark with controller. If they do go up to their target price of $799, I can't imagine anyone buying a Lily over a Spark.

Or the lily over any DJI product.

No gimbal is an issue. The Spark is amazing because DJI keeps finding a way to get a gimbal worked in!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky