DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Air 2 is my first drone!

HazeMon$ter

Reactions
Greetings from Atlanta GA! The Mavic Air 2 is my first drone ever after years of research and contemplation, and since we have been stuck at home, I finally decided to get one. I have had it for about 3 weeks now, and now have two! I was being stupid and clipped my neighbor's mailbox which cracked one of the front landing pegs. I immediately bought a second one and registered it with DJI Care Refresh. I was able to glue the first one and now I have two perfectly good units. Looking forward to some great discussions. I skinned them both with decals from decalgirl and have been very pleased with how cool they make my drones look. The decals don't increase or decrease my range on either (which kinda sucks on both) and they look really awesome. I get less than 3000 feet in my suburban neighborhood which is disappointing and I wish there was a return to controller option. The drone is awesome!!!drones2.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from Sandy Springs, Georgia. I also fly the MA2 and have enjoyed many flights. I also had my MM covered in (decal girl) Dystopia. Still contemplating the cover for my MA2, thinking Wrapgrade "Black bumpy camo". For me, the red MA was too cool to cover.mmdystopianskin.jpgYou will find a great of information and support here. Enjoy your safe flying.

Welcome to the Forum! Good looking skins. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Air 2's!

Welcome to the forum from Sandy Springs, Georgia. I also fly the MA2 and have enjoyed many flights. I also had my MM covered in (decal girl) Dystopia. Still contemplating the cover for my MA2, thinking Wrapgrade "Black bumpy camo". For me, the red MA was too cool to cover.View attachment 104175You will find a great of information and support here. Enjoy your safe flying.
Very cool!! I like a lot of those skins on the site. Too many good ones to pick from. I graduated from Crestwood High School in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs in 1986. The school was demolished, but one notable alumni was Peter Buck of REM.

Today I took both MA2's out for quick flights to test the range from my home in a suburban neighborhood in N GA. I was only able to get about 3400 feet on one and 2800 feet on the other before they lost signal with the controllers. (One for each). I was flying at about 300 feet and went to 400 at one point. I have seen youtube videos where people are getting 10,000 feet in a Philly suburb. I understand that signals can interfere with the drone/controller, but I can't even get them past 4000 feet in my neighborhood flying over some shopping centers. I have yet to try a wide open area, but have been a little disappointed with the range. Anyone have any tips to extend mine? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10 (android) to fly them both. Would using my work iPhone 8 help? Thanks all.

Today I took both MA2's out for quick flights to test the range from my home in a suburban neighborhood in N GA. I was only able to get about 3400 feet on one and 2800 feet on the other before they lost signal with the controllers. (One for each). I was flying at about 300 feet and went to 400 at one point. I have seen youtube videos where people are getting 10,000 feet in a Philly suburb. I understand that signals can interfere with the drone/controller, but I can't even get them past 4000 feet in my neighborhood flying over some shopping centers. I have yet to try a wide open area, but have been a little disappointed with the range. Anyone have any tips to extend mine? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10 (android) to fly them both. Would using my work iPhone 8 help? Thanks all.
Are you maintaining line of sight because if not then your signal is doing gymnastics to reach the craft. Buildings and radio signal interference will all have an impact and commercial buildings can all be pumping out reasonably powerful radio signals of many different types.

The remote not the phone generates the signal so device shouldn't have a huge effect. You could try putting the phone in airplane mode to stop it's radios from generating signals but frankly with occusync that shouldn't really matter much.

Fly safe and fly smart my friend, also make sure you are considering the safety of any people/pedestrians in your flight zones.

Btw, welcome to the forums and enjoy the wealth of information it's mostly a helpful community.

Last edited:
Are you maintaining line of sight because if not then your signal is doing gymnastics to reach the craft. Buildings and radio signal interference will all have an impact and commercial buildings can all be pumping out reasonably powerful radio signals of many different types.

The remote not the phone generates the signal so device shouldn't have a huge effect. You could try putting the phone in airplane mode to stop it's radios from generating signals but frankly with occusync that shouldn't really matter much.

Fly safe and fly smart my friend, also make sure you are considering the safety of any people/pedestrians in your flight zones.

Btw, welcome to the forums and enjoy the wealth of information it's mostly a helpful community.

I do not maintain line of sight, but there are many videos on YouTube in urban environments where they are getting 10,000 feet or more. Surely they don't see the drone behind buildings. I will do some further testing and am always careful of others around me. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1