DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thin red line on DJI Fly screen?

canyonphoto

Reactions
In the newest version of the Fly app, there's a thin red line at the top center of the display with text. It appears to be obstacle sensing because in the attached screenshot the Air 2s is sitting on my desk with a computer monitor in front of it. Is this correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-110357.png
    Screenshot_20211128-110357.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
switch the drone on, then, holding it in you hand, raise and lower it and see if the numbers change in accordance with the height of the ceiling above the drone.
It maybe that the motors need to be running, if so take the props off for the test.
If the drone senses the movement it might try to 'fight you' and, if you are not used to hand holding it, that could be dangerous.
With props off it can fight all it want with no danger .......though it may shut down the motors because it detects the props are missing.

In the newest version of the Fly app, there's a thin red line at the top center of the display with text. It appears to be obstacle sensing because in the attached screenshot the Air 2s is sitting on my desk with a computer monitor in front of it. Is this correct?
OA has changed a lot with the new FlyApps. Once just being the orange line at top and bottom of screen and maybe missing it if not listening to "Bitchin Betty."

I do like that it is more center to screen, so is more visible.

Would venture to say it is sensing something above it at that height. Hard to say what it is - you'd have to state that part as I'd guess the monitor is not that far above the drone (maybe the very top of it possibly).

As @PhiliusFoggg says - give it a try without props to see how the screen changes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear