DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This photo quality aint good enough, don't you think?

rabidhyena

Reactions
Hi
I got out and took my first photos today.
These look soft and pixelated and very poor quality. What do you guys think?
I did click to focus
Any ideas or suggestions? I can't face going through the whole purchase thing again ;o(

Couple of 100% crops

Urrghhh, in fact the whole flight was pretty awful
1 tilted horizons
2 juddering gimbal
3 loss of sats momentarily
4 drifting in the wind.
5 complete loss of signal (video) for last 25% despite being a few metres away, when landing.
6 reporting high wind when trees at the same altitude looked pretty still.
7 having to push right stick to 2oclock to make it go straight ahead

I'll try again tomorrow but fear im a) doing something wrong or b) got a duff one.

Using Go 4 and firmwares up to date.

Last edited:
Looks out of focus. I suggest another session. When you tap to Focus try the sky as the focal point. To confirm though, those do look like mush. Try switching the format also to raw or raw plus jpg. You should be able to get better pictures than that.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: BIGDAVE
You need to send it back. I have the same issue and shared the images with DJI and they all agree there is something wrong with it. Here is a dropbox link with the samples that I sent them. Looks just like yours. Every frame looks like a water colored painting. I am going to start a whole thread on this. Hope you will join in.
Dropbox - Mavic Samples

Reactions: oshucomo
uuuurggghh. I'm so gutted to hear this. Mine took ages to get to me and then went to NY and then I had to have it shipped from there. This is tedious. How long did they say before they replace it?

5-7 days from the time they receive it

is there a factory reset option somewhere? to me it feels like overcompression, not lens issues. maybe im just hoping

is there a factory reset option somewhere? to me it feels like overcompression, not lens issues. maybe im just hoping
Not sure. Here is a link to a brand new thread that I posted on this subject. Please fell free to pass it around and get involved.

I may be in the same boat..:( Was hoping to try some more today but crap weather here today.

From yesterday:

Attachments

• DJI_0070.jpg
    DJI_0070.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 307
Reactions: MavicProMX
Don't forget winter light is challenging either lower level than you'd think on dull days or extremely contrasty when sun is out.
The first shot in this thread is taken at 1/50 shutter which is quite slow for handheld let alone airborne, it does look a bit out of focus left side but not terrible. Bumping ISO to maybe 400 would not be awful noisy but shutter speed would be maybe 1/200 which is OK
You'll get much better results taking shots in RAW rather than letting the camera convert to JPG for you.

Everyone needs to check camera settings before assuming the worst. Personally, low ISO has been key for getting cleaner shots (especially low light).

Reactions: grizzard
Hope the OP respects your opinion whether he agrees with you or not. As has already been said, acceptable quality of an image is a subjective topic. I would still advise that the images look overexposed to me despite the flat conditions of an early winter's day. White balance would help, and tweaking the exposure with the C2 button would improve things. Raw images can always be adjusted to greater effect than compressed JPGs, but one way around this issue would be to shoot in AEB. Bracketing a series of images manually would allow for post production techniques to get the look you wanted.

Last edited:
Haha,
I've never started a forum thread that has lead to this sort of response.
It's fair to say I wouldn't use this sort of language in real life.
Analyzing it, I feel I probably did it because I get sort of tired having to talk and write so correctly for my interactions with my patients all day long.
Anyway, back on topic. I think people are in agreement that this picture quality aint good enough, but perhaps its my settin's and conditions. I'll have another go before I make my judgement and get upset.

A properly titled thread would remove the biased towards assumption of user error to better help him with his issue.
Agreed. And as I believe the title to my follow up thread is properly titled and I sincerely would like opinions, may I request some of your eyes on this post that I made to describe another more serious imaging issue that I and many others are experiencing.

Thanks, rb
Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

Hi
I got out and took my first photos today.
These look soft and pixelated and very poor quality. What do you guys think?
I did click to focus
Any ideas or suggestions? I can't face going through the whole purchase thing again ;o(

Got spam when clicking on your photo.

So, is your video quality good or is it bad like the photos? I just took my new Mavic out and shot some video and took a couple of pics. The video looks great, but the photos look like dooky.

I think gen the video is better. There are some major compression artefacts though.

So, is your video quality good or is it bad like the photos? I just took my new Mavic out and shot some video and took a couple of pics. The video looks great, but the photos look like dooky.

I think you should look at the samples that I provided. But the short of it is. Here is a single frame from 2 videos2-3840.jpg 3-1920.jpg . It's butt ugly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998