DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Timestamp wrong on videos

JCorey

Reactions
When I import videos to my phone from the SD card the timestamp is off by 5 hours. Photos import with the correct timestamp, just problem with the videos.

Anyone else have this problem? I don't see an option to adjust the date/time in the go app.

I didn't find much info on this topic online.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yup, I noticed the same thing but could not locate any time zone setting or other time adjustment. When I import photos or videos to my iPhone I have to edit the metadata to get them to show in the correct moment. I hope an option to adjust this is offered in a future update.

Reactions: SeaFox
Try formatting the memory card in DJI GO.

Is it recording the time as GMT?
Being on GMT they are correct here(!) - presumably it should know the local time and date from the phone settings but could be getting details from GPS.

I find that photos have the correct date, but videos are off...by 66 years (they show the day and month correctly, but the year is 1951...

Reactions: Jengle
That's... interesting. My Mavic has all the videos and photos timestamped just fine, no matter which app I use. The earliest date it's ever given me is some time in 2014, which it only does if I take pictures or video during a flight completely without connecting my phone to the controller.

When importing to Photo's app on my MacBook, videos are importing year 1951 and 5 hours behind. Any word on a fix? Picture timestamps are correct.

Mine are fine but at one point they were off by 3 hours.
I have no idea why it was off or what fixed it. Maybe its a firmware issue that they have not fully resolved.

When I import the Mavic files by removing the Micro SD, inserting into Micro SD adapter and inserting into MacMini SD slot, the .mov files have the correct date along with the JPEG's and DNG (RAW) files.

When I import the Mavic files by removing the Micro SD from
the Mavic, inserting into Micro SD adapter and using the SD to lightning adapter for the iPad Pro or iPhone 7, the .mov files have the 1951 -5 hours dates, and the JPEGS and DNG's have the correct time.

I have not attempted to connect the Mavic directly to the computer via USB.

I hope this gets fixed. I like to use the lightning to SD adapter to view videos on iPad Pro right after my flights , not having to wait to get home.

My OCD is killing me with these incorrect times!

I spent about an hour on the DJI support chat a couple of days ago discussing this issue with an agent. Their comment was "that's weird." I sent them screen shots and a link to this forum. In the end, he took my information and said he'd get back to me. I haven't heard anything yet.

I just noticed that some photos I took this weekend are dated 1951:(

I just noticed that some photos I took this weekend are dated 1951:(

Dang, that's way ahead of the curve. Most people in 1951 didn't have a Mavic for their photos, probably. (Maybe one or two did. I could be wrong.)

Weird bug, though.

I've always used the micro sd to sd adapter plugged into my iMac. I've tried reformatting the sd card using DJI GO with no improvement. I have a micro sd to lightning adapter made by GoPro but have yet to try importing Mavic files with it...

I haven't seen the dates quite that far off, but the are consistently recorded 2013-12-31 or 2014-01-01. Both video and images. Importing from the SD to the computer puts the files in the wrong directory. Internally, the time stamp is correct though, but I still have to manually copy the files to the right place.

I thought at first this was due to not waiting for the GPS satellite lock since sometimes only the first videos were off. Now I wait for at least 12 satellites before recording, but some files are still messed up. Would love to see a fix.

Last edited:
Any more info on this subject? As a new Mavic Platinum owner, I'm anxious to get this fixed. My Phantom 3 Advanced had no such problem.

My method:

> Shoot video on Mavic
> Remove SD card from Mavic
> Insert SD card into Vivitar SD->USB adapter
> Insert USB adapter into USB port on my PC
> Transfer files to Harddrive via Windows 7

Interestingly, the datestamp on the FOLDERS on SD card is 2014 when I look at the files in Windows Explorer! And these are the folders that the MAVIC created. However, the Year/Date is correct (2018) on the individual .JPG and .MOV files. As others have stated, the .JPG files seem to have the correct timestamp, it is only the .MOV files that have the wrong timestamp. They are all off by about six or seven hours from my timezone (PST).

I just used Lightroom to import from my micro SD card and it has timestamped them 1st Jan 1904 @ 12am? way off even the time as it was about 10:30 am, all the RAW still images are fine with the correct date just the .mp4 files are wrong. I have a Mavic Air and it's been doing this for the last couple of months that I have owned it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead