To update or not to update

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by chevytwonova, Nov 2, 2016.

1. chevytwonova

chevytwonova Member

What do you think?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

2. dam

dam Well-Known Member

I would update as they seem to be addressing some known issues.. seems stick issues occurred with the matrice too

3. spikeanoid

spikeanoid Active Member

How would an app update correct a controller error though? I thought you could use the controller sans app, meaning the controller used standalone firmware, meaning the app shouldn't have anything to do with controller firmware. Oh well. I'll be the guinea pig. Just as long as they don't force geo on us. :mad:

It sure sucks not knowing whether your drone will decide to take a vacation on your next flight.

4. chippie

chippie Well-Known Member

It's all speculation at the mo. But you do use the app to calibrate the controller so it can all be related, f/w may be imminent...

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ Administrator
    Staff Member

The GEO system has been baked in for months. ;)
    I have 2 devices I use with my Phantoms. One is updated and one is from last April I think it was. Haven't updated my P3 in almost a year. :D

6. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Is your un-updated P3 OK with the latest app?
    I haven't felt need to update anything since late 2015 but will need the new app shortly - but still don't want to be forced to update the P3.

When I say shortly that should be eventually - if the Mavic ordered in September ever gets here

7. spikeanoid

spikeanoid Active Member

It's there, but there's an option to disable it and use the NFZ crap instead. It sucks, but it sucks less than geo.

Edit: you can still disable geo in favor of NFZ. Also, I can't get the graphical icon to stick when entering the controller calibration menu - I used to be able to get it to stick. Percentages always read correctly and center as they should. Still have a clicking noise when yawing right unfortunately.

#7 spikeanoid, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  8. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ Administrator
    Staff Member

to be fair I only flew once with the 3.0.0 as it is on my 6+ and I will use that with the Mavic. I have either 2.8.1 or 2.8.3 on my iPad Mini.