DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel

Reactions: Thomas B
Any advice on transporting a drone on american air,What do you do with the lithium batteries
I always carry-on in my hard GoPro case... all of it, including the drone with the battery removed. Batteries MUST be in the cabin and should be at 40-60% charge, but no one has ever checked charge level mine. I use individual LIPO bags for safety, but they are not required. Always go to your airline’s website and check requirements.

should be at 40-60% charge
There is no requirement for the charge level. As long as the batteries aren't damaged, any charge level is perfectly safe.

I fly frequently on American Airlines-( I'm Executive Platinum status). Always take Mavic Air with battery attached, and 3 more batteries in lipo bags (Amazon) as part of my camera case. Never even heard of a problem at TSA. Never checked battery level before hand. Just pack them as they were. Recently flew to Iceland on Delta - same non-result or problem at check-in in Miami to JFK, and onward to Reykjavik. No problem from Reykjavik to JFK check in either. hey just put the camera bag through the scanner.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 7.27.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 7.27.42 AM.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 17
Currently flying Southwest (waiting for a connection flight as I type this) with my Mavic Pro and four batteries. TSA asked what was in the hard case and when I told them it was a UAS they didn't even bother opening the case. 1569625919762.jpeg

I have a soft camera bag which fits my Mavic pro, video camera bateries, chargers etc. Have flowen around SE Asia and Australia domestic with no problems. Dont do anthing special with batteries

I've flown with my Phantom and Mavic probably a dozen times. I always use fireproof battery bags, not a requirement but it gives me piece of mind. Three times I needed to open up my backpack after going thru the x-ray machine. Each time I was thanked for keeping the batteries in fireproof bags

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark