DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Treasure your Mavic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anyway..... Kate you are very fortunate, I am glad everything turned out OK and you have a very descriptive writing style; do it for a living?
Regards,
-d.

Take your time on launches. I like that Mavic doesn't automatically shut its motors off after detecting a collision. It fights to stay in the air. Parrot Bebop 2 would have shut the motors off and you would have been in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

bJV5pKL.jpg

This was on a tripod with a 1000mm objective, 460 meters away. The hangar with the logo behind it is almost 1500 meters away. It might look like a hand-held shot but there's no way you are holding up that glass and holding steady for 1/400 and f/16.

Well, a couple of thoughts come to mind: (1) using the standard rule, a 1000 mm focal length lens requires a shutter time of 1/1000 of a second to get a blur free shot and at 1/400 you're not too far from that. You probably could make the shot by rattling off a series of a dozen or so shots (since the scene doesn't appear to be one involving rapid motion) and selecting the best one. (2) Actually, with an image stabilized telephoto 1000 mm lens, you could probably get a good, sharp image at 1/400 sec in just a single shot. (3) Don't know why this is being shot at f/16. As for highlighting the plane itself and getting rid of the clutter of the background, the picture would probably look better if it were shot with the lens wide open. (4) The real reason that you may need a tripod for a shot like this isn't to get a sharp picture but because 1000 mm lenses are generally pretty heavy beasts and if the shot requires any waiting time at all, you're going to want to rest it in a tripod or a monopod.

You keep saying that but your forgetting that 95% of people are not able to get that insurance because their company does not offer it.
Yeah, but nothing says you have to stay with YOUR COMPANY to insure the drone. Have u checked into State Farm to see about coverage for your personal articles (drone, cameras, guns, etc.) They would all be covered under one policy and yearly coverage is very reasonable. Down here in FL its $75/year. Even less expensive in other states.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Reactions: deltalimatango
You keep saying that but your forgetting that 95% of people are not able to get that insurance because their company does not offer it.

+ 1

Can't get in California.
The best I could do was DJI Care refresh.

Ok.
Just said to stay on topic.
This thread isn't about tripods,insurance or who's the best.
I see no reason after I say stay on topic to keep it open .
CLOSED

Reactions: frankiez
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes