DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod mode missing? UPDATED with possible fix.

Can you try to post those again? I cannot access them.

Reactions: CrossBowChris
Yes, they are displaying now.

So anyone knows the issue? I am having this problem as well. Missing my tripod mode.

So anyone knows the issue? I am having this problem as well. Missing my tripod mode.
So just yesterday I took out the Mavic and it asked me to upgrade. After it was done Tripod mode magically returned... Double check you have the latest firmware. You must have the Mavic connected to the controller and your phone with the DJI GO app running.

It appears what ever issue there was they fixed it with a upgrade.

Need help: 1) posted pics don't show up. 2) camera won't tilt up to highest advertised setting, however it did when first received. Have not tried to reset gimbal, but will.

Lastly, DJI seems to really hit the target with Mavic. Great flying!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Need help: 1) posted pics don't show up. 2) camera won't tilt up to highest advertised setting, however it did when first received. Have not tried to reset gimbal, but will.

Lastly, DJI seems to really hit the target with Mavic. Great flying!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
There is a setting to change that. I think is says something about 30 degree angle. Its in settings and it has to be enabled.

I have updated my firmware to the latest... i have checked and rechecked my settings. im not on sports mode, i tried combination of turning on or off the OA sensors. I swipe left and right up and down. Basically, i did what i would tell people with the same problem.... And the tripod mode still doesnt show up.

I have updated my firmware to the latest... i have checked and rechecked my settings. im not on sports mode, i tried combination of turning on or off the OA sensors. I swipe left and right up and down. Basically, i did what i would tell people with the same problem.... And the tripod mode still doesnt show up.
yeah... I feel like I just got lucky... because I was in the same boat. Its weird. I tried all those things and also was not able to get it working until that random firmware showed up.

my mavic works great but my tripod mode is missing as well. Believe me I've updated and calibrated everything.

my mavic works great but my tripod mode is missing as well. Believe me I've updated and calibrated everything.
Mine magically returned after an update... But I have no idea why it was missing in the first place... Seems like a weird glitch. Maybe try deleting the DJI Go App and re installing. Its definitely a software issue.

Did u update your phone's iOS? I have been missing tripod mode for the longest time. Even after the latest firmware update, it was still missing.

Until I updated my iOS to the latest version do I see it reappear

same issue here btw. Tried it all and tripod mode is gone (and never was there for the record). I just got my drone yesterday and everything was installed fresh on top of the latest iOS. I just and removing the dji go app and trying to reinstall now. I dunno..

Ok so removing the DJI app and reinstalling it caused the Tripod mode to reappear. Just confirming in case it helps someone else

Reactions: CrossBowChris
Ok do now this is frustrating. So yesterday the trippod mode was there after I reinstalled the DJI Go app, today I went out for a flight and it was gone again. NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON..

EDIT : reached out to support today, and they had no clue and had no recommendations other then to say they are looking into it and I should look for a DJI Go app update in the future that will hopefully address my issue.

So am I all alone in being the only one who cant get tripod mode to appear consistently? Even after reinstalling the DJI Go App and on latest iOS.

Last edited:
Today I went out and Tripod mode was gone in DJI Go 4, So I launched DJIGO 1 and tripod mode for my mavic was available. Later on I launched DJI 4 and it was back...Latest iOS and DJI Firmware

Ok New to this but I have been having the same problem. Tri-pod mode went away and was nowhere to be found.
This is what I did to fix. Totally stumbled on this one and have no clue how or why this worked.

Go through the menu in this order.

Main controller settings.
Advanced Settings.
EXP.

Once here I was just scrolling between the Gentle, Normal, and sport.
I noticed that the Gentle mode setting for Forward/right, backward/left was way high (0.75) and the graph was even going the other direction from all other modes.
I brought it to 0.20 to match the others on Gentle mode and BAM!
That fixed it for me. Have no clue how it was so off, maybe I accidentally tapped it.

Anyway hope that works for you all.

-JD

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan