DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Trying to figure out a whole bunch of different things

Reactions
Maybe I should stick to one change per flight because I just stress myself out.

Last edited:
Limit yourself to 1 or 2 things per flight, and Practice, practice, practice! Over time, you will not even think about some item/situation as it will become second nature.

Cheers!

Reactions: HobbyistJohn Mckay
Limit yourself to 1 or 2 things per flight, and Practice, practice, practice! Over time, you will not even think about some item/situation as it will become second nature.

Cheers!
Thank you. I probably know that but I am impatient and there is so much to learn.

Your practice video is fine, other than I assume you left in the take off and landing and walk back to your car on purpose.. Your flight overall look pretty good, there are always things that perhaps can be done better or someone else would do them differently or offer a different way of doing them.

As noted focus perhaps on practicing something that you want to get better at depending on how much time you have to fly.

I like the video!! With your list - it shows you have specific things you want to work on. I agree with focusing on a couple of things at a time. I don't know if you have a notebook (I'm going to get one) to write down things like camera settings, filters used, the date/time and time of day (morning, mid-day, afternoon, evening), etc. That way when you go back to your footage, you can cross-reference your notes. It may give you insight of what to change or stick with.
That's what I'm planning to do.

I agree, the Cine mode really needs to be dialed back. With no way of slowing it down in flight other then the adjustment for pitch and yaw rotation it does have its limitations for Cine smooth video. Lots of youtube videos of people complaining about this. Perhaps DJI might listen and put out a update to improve it. Till then I ordered a pair of these sticks. Basically they dampen down the aggressiveness of the sticks. A tad on the expensive side but if they help improve the control at slow speeds then it will be well worth it.

Read and watch some YouTube videos from reputable pilots. Insure your drone and you will be less stressed.

And don't fly over water, back into trees, fly into brick walls and trees. Three things are very important in flying. The first two are altitude and................altitude.

And don't fly over water, back into trees, fly into brick walls and trees. Three things are very important in flying. The first two are altitude and................altitude.
Well. flying over water is not terrible, if you make your drone float..

If flying over water is a bad idea then the hundreds and I mean hundreds of flights I have over the last 7-8 years of flying UAV's should not have happened. Its all about the amount of risk and knowing what could go wrong. Accepting that you are sending your over 2 thousand dollar investment out someplace it might not be recovered is something you either except or your don't. I did not buy my flying cameras to zip down my street videoing street lamps.
Being a experience flyer does help.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02