DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAS REGULATIONS. UK

Hi
I am a bit confused has to how I would know if any person is in a property I fly over, as per screen shot attached !.

cheers
Spike

View attachment 164443
You knock on the door and inform any persons inside that you will be flying the drone over their property at whatever time you tell them and for as long as you tell them, they then become involved people and as such you inform them of Your safety protocols that you want them to observe, cheers Len

Reactions: old man mavic
@Spikes Mavic ,if the drone is in the under 250g A1 category ,then it is allowed to fly over property ,and other infra structure ,that means that in order to fly over property ,you need to maintain a safe minimum separation distance ,dependant on what weight of drone you are flying in the open category,if you wanted to fly your drone to say inspect your roof for damage ,then it would be best practice to inform your immediate neighbors of your intentions ,so that way they are aware that the drone will be there
its all about common sense ,flying a Mini 3 at 200 ft up while transiting from one place to another is perfectly fine ,but flying it at 40 ft and hovering over someones house ,is going to get people agitated ,because they will think your are spying on them
there are many situations where flying a sub 250g drone ,perfectly legally ,because of its A1 open category, within the drone code ,would be a bad idea ,simply because of what would be filmed if the flight took place ,and would then upset others who would think you were doing it for nefarious reasons, as long as you have got your operator ID displayed on your drone ,and follow the drone code for your class of drone ,then you will be fine

Reactions: twickers14
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
How would that be feasable if I am flying across many houses and cars to get to where I want to be ?.

cheers
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
How would that be feasable if I am flying across many houses and cars to get to where I want to be ?.

cheers
Please se OMM reply, cheers Len

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki