DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

undiscovered damage

saboga

Reactions
I had my first crash last month when I drifted backwards into some trees, The drone fell into a large patch of tropical vegetation, and I thought it had escaped damage. I just flew it today, and immediately noticed a slight shimmy when it was hovering. It would shake a little, then stop, then shake again for a second or two, then stop again, over and over. I landed it and checked more closely, and it does look like one or the rear motor struts got over-extended when it crashed.

The strut now has just a tiny bit of play in it, like it tore an ACL or something.

And now the gimbal camera is acting up as well. If I turn the drone on and pick it up by hand and move it around, the picture jiggles rather than staying steady. The gimbal works, but it seems something has come loose somewhere.

Any do-it-yourself repair guides out there? I'm on an island in Panama, and sending it in for repair is going to be tough.

I had my first crash last month when I drifted backwards into some trees, The drone fell into a large patch of tropical vegetation, and I thought it had escaped damage. I just flew it today, and immediately noticed a slight shimmy when it was hovering. It would shake a little, then stop, then shake again for a second or two, then stop again, over and over. I landed it and checked more closely, and it does look like one or the rear motor struts got over-extended when it crashed.

The strut now has just a tiny bit of play in it, like it tore an ACL or something.

And now the gimbal camera is acting up as well. If I turn the drone on and pick it up by hand and move it around, the picture jiggles rather than staying steady. The gimbal works, but it seems something has come loose somewhere.

Any do-it-yourself repair guides out there? I'm on an island in Panama, and sending it in for repair is going to be tough.
Maybe @Thunderdrones can give you some guidance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127