DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up-Date for Mavic Pro 2

Well the CrystalSky with the Mavic 2 Pro kind of works. I started into a hover with the controller hooked to an Android Moto phone. Once in hover I disconnected the Moto and plugged in the CrystalSky. As expected the picture was fine but none of the screen controls that I tried seemed to work. Additionally I couldn't start/stop recording from the controller. It was stuck in the recording mode. So at least for me I'll use the CS if I absolutely can't see my Android or iPhone screen in bright sunlight.

Paul it was running the Mavic Pro mode.

Sure do hope that they update the software for the CS quickly. Not sure why the CS is a semi closed system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ping^Spike
very disappointing. First I wasted time trying to activate my new Mavic 2 pro using the CS monitor. Finally I found a hint in Q&A on the DJI site and tried my old ipad 2 that is almost useless outdoors. Activation worked well with the ipad. Then I connected the CS thinking all was well, only to find that several of the settings do not work. So I am back to my old ipad for full function in Go4. Bummer!! DJI please update the app so it will work with the Crystal Sky.

Has anyone heard rumors or leaks of CrystalSky 2 to support Mavic 2?
Original CS can only handle 720p transmission so hopefully CS2 will support Mavic 2 with 1080p.
I know they're doing some sort of DJI Go 4 lite app on original CS for Mavic 2 but it will only be 720p live feed.

Reactions: Hill34top
Ah right, I thought it was an official bit of news - thanks anyway mate.

I just discovered the app can be updated from within the app. So it's very possible it won't be released as a FW update, but as an in-app update. As of this moment, the highest version you can go to is v4.2.21 from within the app, but the version we need is v4.2.30. But it's better than nothing. Maybe I can activate mine now. Who knows.

When I contacted DJI, I finally got a timeframe. The update should be available by 9/14/18

Who says a CS 2 isn’t in the works? What if the existing CS isn’t updated to support the MP2?

Well I was going to upgrade to the ultra from the 5.5 but I think I’ll hang on a bit now especially if it’s not going to work with the mavic 2.
Saying that I’m still waiting for my mavic 2 anyway,hopefully the update will be out by the time I get one.

I have a feeling that this new RC with an integrated screen is going to be marketed for the enterprise series... though most likely compatible with the consumer Mavic 2 pro and zoom... in the end it will still need to run on the same android platform...so why make a new and not update the old version if it’s the same OS? old school CrystalSky will be updated soon just be patient. I hate using an iPhone, but it’s what we got for now. However you are all correct... why does DJI do this? Why not take care of your own first and foremost? The CrystalSky is an amazing product. It should be first not last

I ended up canceling my M2P order for now as not being able to use my CS would have annoyed me to much, I am going to wait until February before I order again to give them time for the second M2P CS update.

Still loving my MP Original but really looking forward to getting my hands on a M2P :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69