DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update on my uncontrollable MP

Grapecrusher

Reactions
Site
www.insoftlight.com
Well, I took my drone back to Boulanger in France over a month ago. Today it appears that their supplier says that my drone needs a new IMU card and one of the legs repaired. For those of you who remember, my drone has never flown except for the first trial in Beginner mode. After that I upgraded the firmware and it has crashed ever since. Now they say that the damage (not instigated by anything I did) will cost 300€ and that I have to contact DJI France who can then look at the flight records in Holland to see what the problem was ....their drone faulty or me! Can the IMU become faulty after the firmware upgrade as that seems to have started all the Problems. Any ideas? Thanks.

My guess is you got a software error during the firmware update which caused you to crash & damage the IMU. The bird was flying fine until you did the update & you haven't mentioned any IMU error messages so I'm blaming the update. I read about another flyer wrecking his after an update.

Why didn't you send your mavic do DJI to review and repair/replace ???

Reactions: Grapecrusher
Well, I took my drone back to Boulanger in France over a month ago. Today it appears that their supplier says that my drone needs a new IMU card and one of the legs repaired. For those of you who remember, my drone has never flown except for the first trial in Beginner mode. After that I upgraded the firmware and it has crashed ever since. Now they say that the damage (not instigated by anything I did) will cost 300€ and that I have to contact DJI France who can then look at the flight records in Holland to see what the problem was ....their drone faulty or me! Can the IMU become faulty after the firmware upgrade as that seems to have started all the Problems. Any ideas? Thanks.

I agree with the other posters. I have had crazy things happen after an update and had to redo the firmware update a second time.

Hi, sorry folks for not answering quickly as I have just come out of hospital after a hand op. I couldn’t send my MP directly to DJI as it has a 2 year warranty from where I purchased it so I have to take it to them first. Now I have sent off my email to DJI who want me to start a ticket number and send just the drone to them for inspection and damage assessment. I have all the flight logs and data plus videos to send them too but first I still have to go through the store where I bought it which means the drone has to be sent back from their inspectors before I can send it off to DJI. This is the very complicated French way of doing things. It would be easier for me to just cough up the 300€ but I don’t trust their technicians and would prefer a second opinion from DJI. It has all become a bit of a circus. My flying time so far is around 27 secs. Lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting