Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US being concerned about DJI drones from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleiterman

Reactions
Hello all,
Was wondering if the US will effect anything with DJI being from China. Can they and will they try to block them from working here in the United States??? I don't trust the US decision making people very much about thinking about a problem and coming up with solutions. Typical example is shooting down a hobby club balloon worth about $20 with a 400 million dollar missile. Can they block the ability of not allowing us to get flight clearance and unlock zones??? Thanks in advance.

Look at the Huawei.
The same ”smart” politicians, in Europe, did some weird restrictions.
I think the US politicians are capable to do the same thing, or worse.
I'm looking at a Huawei tablet right now and am about to go out and fly with it.
Huawei make the best flying tablets.
I can't see how what you've said has any relevance to the OP's question.

The US has no way to prevent you from launching and flying your drone, neither do they have any reason to.

The US has no way to prevent you from launching and flying your drone, neither do they have any reason to.
They can impose DJI to not let you fly your drone directly from the app. Except the case if you have the remote not connected at internet. :)

It is not the subject, but all what exist in a phone is form a spyware. If is not for China is for Apple, Samsung, or others.
I don't want to be off topic so I will stop here. :)

Reactions: michaeldallen1
They can impose DJI to not let you fly your drone directly from the app. Except the case if you have the remote not connected at internet. :)
Since you don't need any internet at all to fly, they can't do anything to prevent it.
But there's no reason they would.

Unless you have unlocked geofencing (or have a different brand drone) they could make the entire airspace a no fly zone and the app would prevent you from flying.
Now if someone could come up with a good rerason why the US would ever consider such a thing ........

We all know our government would have to have a good reason to do something stupid😉
But shutting down private use of DJI products would be as unlikely as forcing everyone to take back all the made in China goods they had bought at Walmart.
It's never going to happen.

Reactions: djwak59
Hello all,
Was wondering if the US will effect anything with DJI being from China. Can they and will they try to block them from working here in the United States??? I don't trust the US decision making people very much about thinking about a problem and coming up with solutions. Typical example is shooting down a hobby club balloon worth about $20 with a 400 million dollar missile. Can they block the ability of not allowing us to get flight clearance and unlock zones??? Thanks in advance.
$20 Hobby balloon with a multi-bus size payload...

Reactions: F00Man
The Original Poster is Chinese. I admire Chinese, have Chinese American friends. The only thing concerning is if there is a crisis with China...a download/update to your DJI by communist China could corrupt your/our UAS. This post will most likely be deleted by the Drone Master who had deleted many of my posts calling them "Political" ????

Last edited:
Reactions: ericole
Reactions: 1911tex
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members