DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US being concerned about DJI drones from China

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK it’s time to come out of HIBERNATION !

30 States ban the use of DJI drones for any contract government work. Well over 1000 municipalities . Look at Florida and you will know the direction we are going. This ballon situation did not help.
There is a mad scramble among drone companies to find drones that fit a certain criteria (NOT MADE IN CHINA ) I’m sitting on almost $20 k worth of DJI equipment that I may not be able to use. Keep an eye out for expensive DJI equipment going on sale at too good to be true prices. Companies will dump their DJI and find something else just to stay in business.
China is selling DJI drones to Russia (FACT) that is enough to get some politician to grab some low hanging fruit is DJI.
By the way if they turn off the DJI servers will we be able to fly🤔

Hello all,
Was wondering if the US will effect anything with DJI being from China. Can they and will they try to block them from working here in the United States??? I don't trust the US decision making people very much about thinking about a problem and coming up with solutions. Typical example is shooting down a hobby club balloon worth about $20 with a 400 million dollar missile. Can they block the ability of not allowing us to get flight clearance and unlock zones??? Thanks in advance.
It is true that the US government is currently run by the dumbest, most clueless people on the planet, but I would be more worried about China. I have seen some people who love DJI go all Kamala on the Chinese and won't say a cross word, but they are, in fact, our enemy. I love my DJI drones, but I don't trust China at all. They're never invented or made a thing on their own and only steal and reverse engineer other countries' stuff. Look at scooters-the best selling scooter engine in the world is a Honda clone out of China. They are a dishonest, shady regime and, even though we love their drones, they have no loyalty to us whatsoever and I've actually wondered if their drones are each and every one a spy avenue into America. They have cameras, and they have microphones on the controllers that record AT LEAST while doing screen record and maybe more, and they have access to our wifi networks to transmit the data home.
Meanwhile I'll keep buying them because I love flying them and haven't found better. "It is what is is," I guess. Not like we change it if it is happening or do anything about either regime disabling our drones.. Unless some geniuses come up with those jailbreak apps I've heard about that makes them autonomous like a regular toy RC helicopter.

Reactions: Frank Dracman
OK it’s time to come out of HIBERNATION !

30 States ban the use of DJI drones for any contract government work. Well over 1000 municipalities . Look at Florida and you will know the direction we are going. This ballon situation did not help.
There is a mad scramble among drone companies to find drones that fit a certain criteria (NOT MADE IN CHINA ) I’m sitting on almost $20 k worth of DJI equipment that I may not be able to use. Keep an eye out for expensive DJI equipment going on sale at too good to be true prices. Companies will dump their DJI and find something else just to stay in business.
China is selling DJI drones to Russia (FACT) that is enough to get some politician to grab some low hanging fruit is DJI.
By the way if they turn off the DJI servers will we be able to fly🤔
Selling to Russia, you say? I posted video of Ukranians using a DJI drone to spot russian troops and ambush them.. They got their controller RC-N1 on camera.

I love my DJI drones, but I don't trust China at all. They're never invented or made a thing on their own and only steal and reverse engineer other countries' stuff.
There's some nonsense in this thread, but this takes the cake.
What drones did DJI steal and reverse engineer?

It was a $400,000 missile..... but to answer your question, the government has lots of power and most likely COULD block DJI drones from taking flight, but I doubt they will. It has been a thought on my mind though....
Sorry, my bad. Your right. $400.000, actually closer to $500,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga