DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US FAA Registration???

If you are a recreational pilot any adult can fly your drone without the requirement they have their own unique registration number. To me, the question is are you responsible for their proper operation?

As a recreational flyer, I don't think you are responsible for the other person's violation of aviation regulations (from the FAA), but if you loan your property (here, the drone) to someone else, and they injure another person with it, prepared to be included on the inevitable tort lawsuit.

Hi i just talked to a consultant at the ffa if your using 107 then your number is for the drone. if your flying hobby then your registration is your number and she will need to have her own number to be perfectly legal, hopes this clears it up for ya!

Hi i just talked to a consultant at the ffa if your using 107 then your number is for the drone. if your flying hobby then your registration is your number and she will need to have her own number to be perfectly legal, hopes this clears it up for ya!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200610-145554_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200610-145554_Chrome.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 10
So that means a 12 year old can’t (legally) fly a Mavic unless his parents “co-sign” his recreational application?

Reactions: theDRONEranger
So that means a 12 year old can’t (legally) fly a Mavic unless his parents “co-sign” his recreational application?
They can fly it, they just can't be listed as the owner on the registration:
In order to register you must be:

13 years of age or older (if the owner is less than 13 years of age, a person 13 years of age or older must register the drone)

Taken from: Register Your Drone

What‘s hers is hers and what‘s mine is hers......Is the intent of the registration for a non-commercial AC to be able to find the owner if lost?

What‘s hers is hers and what‘s mine is hers......Is the intent of the registration for a non-commercial AC to be able to find the owner if lost?
What's wrong with just if found please call...why does it have to involve some assembly between $5 and the FAA? Oh, just in case there happens to be some kind of investigation involved. Not the kicked my soccer ball in the neighbors yard routine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead