DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB port on front center of Mavic Controller....?

Do you mean on the bottom of the remote controller? If so, you can use that port to connect the remote controller to your mobile device. Just make sure you disconnect the cable on the left side of the remote controller first.

Do you mean on the bottom of the remote controller? If so, you can use that port to connect the remote controller to your mobile device. Just make sure you disconnect the cable on the left side of the remote controller first.

OK, so I saw someone do this with a tablet on 51 Drones YouTube channel (I think). So essentially, any Apple Lightning cable will connect my IPad Pro to the controller assuming I have disconnected the small lighting adapter from the left side of the controller as you suggested?

Thanks,

Jeff W Waldrop

You're right. And you can use the USB on the left side to connect an extra battery to charge the RC

So essentially, any Apple Lightning cable will connect my IPad Pro to the controller assuming I have disconnected the small lighting adapter from the left side of the controller as you suggested?
Yes.

Reactions: jwwphoto
The small flat cable they supply is not very robust and usually gives problems eventually.
There's a real risk of damaging your phone USB input struggling to get the plug in.
Much better to look out for a short USB data cable perhaps with 90 degree bend and use the larger outlet.

I bought a 10000mah from best Best buy for 39.00. It has a caribeaner attached that I hang off my belt loops. When you plug into the left side of the controller, it charges both the controller and my Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I can go through 3 batteries on the Mavic, and both still show 100% charge. I am very happy.

Read the Manual.
That's the first thing I thought of as well. The latest version can be downloaded here: Mavic Pro User's Manual

There's a lot to know about these birds, between the controller, the DJI Go app menus and settings, and the Mavic itself. Well worthwhile to take time on a rainy day to flip through the manual.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King