DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using DJI App Waypoints-How To Frame Shot? Half Screen Grayed out

continuecrushing

Reactions
So I really enjoy using the Mavic, but an issue I've come upon while using waypoints is this:

When setting up the shots, the right half of the screen is gray/says how to use C1 and C2 for positions...however, it covers half the field of view of the camera, making it difficult to frame the shot properly.

I tried to close/minimize the screen, but then it thinks I'm trying to exit waypoints.

There is about 10% translucence in the box, but it is very very difficult to tell what the other half of the frame/video will be.

Any tips? There must be a way to minimize the screen that I haven't found.

You can minimize it. I think it is near the bottom of the box. Then a small icon representing waypoints displays, tap that to bring the box back.

I always execute the flight afterwords and watch the bird for the first pass (unless I am no where close to any obstacles)

Then I go for the "shot" on the next pass. I like to use the "hold screen function" to adjust gimbal pitch during the mission.

No, I mean when I'm setting up the different positions in waypoints. I tried again yesterday, and this is what I see.
Hitting the "<" to the left of waypoints says it will cancel and go back...anywhere else on the screen doesn't do anything. But as you can see, almost 1/2 the screen is used up by the waypoints window thing, which makes it very difficult to see what the whole frame shot will look like.

This is an iPhone 7 btw
img_8956.png

I'm also looking for a solution here. I've tried switching the map and the camera view. I't helps a little, but then the view gets very tiny. I wish DJI would improve the app by making the black area more transparent, and give you a way to temporarely hide it so you can frame the shot better in each waypoint!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d