DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Mavic Mini with Wifi

Carsco

Reactions
Hello.
It would be possible to use the mavic mini with wifi and without OTG cable?

I saw, via Telnet, that the remote control has its own SSID similar to that of the Spark (Spark-RCxxxxxc).
How would it be possible to use it?

@Carsco the aircraft and the remote are linked during flight ,the cable just transfers the camera image and any telemetry coming back from the drone ,if you disconnected the screen device ,the drone could still be controlled by the remote ,but you would have no way of knowing what the drone was actually doing ,unless it was very close, and you could tell visually its position and direction,

@Carsco the aircraft and the remote are linked during flight ,the cable just transfers the camera image and any telemetry coming back from the drone ,if you disconnected the screen device ,the drone could still be controlled by the remote ,but you would have no way of knowing what the drone was actually doing ,unless it was very close, and you could tell visually its position and direction,
Do you know how the Spark works with the RC connected via Wifi?
No OTG cable and wifi connection between RC and smatrphone.

So, I ask: I've seen the SSID (and password) in the Mavic Mini remote controller.
Can I use it like a Spark?
There maybe a hack?

@Carsco ,my MPP can use WIFI to allow the drone to be controlled without the RC ,but with a much reduced range and stable signal performance ,since the advent of the light bridge enhanced WIFI ,and then moving on to occusynce the WIFI signal between the drone and the RC requires a specific encoder in the RC and the drone so they can form a stable link to prevent as much as possible ,having the signal being degraded from outside sources of WIFI
so unless your screen device has that same encoder ,then it will not connect to the drone or RC
which is why it needs a hard connection which is what the OTG cable provides

I think you've never owned a Spark and you're not clear what I'm talking about.
I've never talked about using the Mavic Mini without a remote controller.
I mean without the OTG cable.

I have flown over 2km with the Spark without OTG cable in the past.

Officially it is not possible to use the Wifi connection between Mavic Mini remote and the smartphone.

Anyway, Mavic Mini (and Mavic Air, Mini Se...) use a normal (but boostered) Wifi signal 802.11p with a normal SSID, not Lightbridge neither OcuSync.

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
I do know what you are saying but the RC and smartphone cannot connect without a cable just using WIFI ,they are using different protocols ,good luck with your quest

@Carsco ,at no point have i said that it is not WIFI

@Carsco Which remote control unit are you using?

What do you want to say? I have a Mavic Mini Ce.
Which remote should I use? The Mavic Mini remote.

There are various DJI remote controllers, some self contained and others not. Different controllers have different ID numbers. If your controller is similar to the controller for the Spark, then it will connect from controller to smartphone via WIFI. The OTG cable just provides a more stable connection between smartphone and controller. You user manual should give the details you need.
For my Spark I initially used wifi connection from phone to controller and later switched to OTG cable.
Edited to remove incorrect remote controller ID.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661