DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed with my new Nvidia Shield

So are you using app version 4.0.2 and the most recent firmware in mavic?

Yes, running the latest firmware and DJI Go 4 app. I did see a disconnect right when first connecting, but then it reconnected before I took off and no issue. I though maybe it was my USB cable, but not sure. No issues during the flight.

So your speed displays correctly in MPH? Not likely. It's actually feet per second in android. That 60 "MPH" in sport mode on android is really 40 MPH. Does your compass work reliably? Can you see both the radar and map on the screen at the same time? Only IOS version of the app can do that.
Listen I don't want to start a console war with you buddy. I'm happy you're happy let's leave it at that.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Listen I don't want to start a console war with you buddy. I'm happy you're happy let's leave it at that.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Sorry, not trying to be hostile. I'm frustrated with Android, not you. I had to buy an Apple device because I couldn't make my Android tablets work. I'm glad it is working well for you. My shield tablet is OK and would be good enough if it was all I had.

I'm a full blown android guy. But when it comes to the Mavic, dji has way more attention into the ios setup. I not only have the K1 Shield, but also a mini 2. I used the mini 2 with the Mavic for the 1st time a couple of days ago and the is a big difference in how well the Mavic performs.
This is NOT about the tablets. It's all in the firmware.

Well.. mine crashed again w/USB Debugging turned on so.. I think I'll roll it back to Android 6.0.. it was working great under that..

No problems with mine. Now the Galaxy S5 I have constantly crashes with the latest DJI Go update.

Sorry, not trying to be hostile. I'm frustrated with Android, not you. I had to buy an Apple device because I couldn't make my Android tablets work. I'm glad it is working well for you. My shield tablet is OK and would be good enough if it was all I had.

I saw you ask about the compass on the K1. The best compass option I found is to download a app called "Digital Field Compass". There is some nice setting options in the settings menu. At the very top in the settings menu there is a Slide bar for adjusting declination. In other words, use it to dial in any amount of derees the compass might be off.

So b4 I roll back to Android 6.0 - I'm going to try a couple of things first..
1) Turn on App Optimization - if that works the yea!

if not (ready for the if then else code)
then try the older version of DJI GO 4 app
else
ROLLBACK to 6.0

I saw you ask about the compass on the K1. The best compass option I found is to download a app called "Digital Field Compass". There is some nice setting options in the settings menu. At the very top in the settings menu there is a Slide bar for adjusting declination. In other words, use it to dial in any amount of derees the compass might be off.

That's not the problem. The compass heading is correct, but the little N just rotates round and round...as does your Mavic symbol with it.

Hi All.

I have a shield K1 with 7.0. Only a couple of short 3-4 Min flights. with no problems. "Too Cold"
I got the Shield for the HDMI output. I'm kind of an Android guy. Because I haven't tried anything Apple.
But not against it. Especially if there is higher reliability. Is there anything Apple, that has Video / HDMI out like the shield ? I'm not a computer / tech guy and don't know if I could revert my Shield to 6.0.
Would there be other issues if I got a Mini 4 and used it for my Mavic only ?
I don't mind paying if it can work reliably. But I don't have the technical knowledge.

Thanks for your help.

I did some digging to find out more about the Android 7 nougat version and compatibility with the Dji GO4 app. And based on what I found out....is if you in fact have a nVidia K1 Shield, DO NOT update to Android 7 Nougat!

Apparently the Android 7 has a new hybrid AOT/JIT compiler that will have major issue with apps until the apps go through being updated. As for the GO4 app....I was told it's a mammoth task to rework the GO4 app for Android 7. The only option for anyone now with the Android 7 installed, must rollback to Android 6 marshmallow. If you have already rolled back and have decent instruction on how to for the nVidia, please post that info here to share with others in need.

Btw, they say GO4 was actually written for Android 5 using C++.

Reactions: GBDW and Bunny Too
This worked to downgrade for me..

Thanks. I'm going to try your instructions and we'll see how it goes. I have already watched the youtube video. Something you might consider is, include links in the description area for any files that need downloading.

Thanks. I'm going to try your instructions and we'll see how it goes. I have already watched the youtube video. Something you might consider is, include links in the description area for any files that need downloading.
Yeah, sorry about that.. next time.. I took me a tad longer than I wanted to do it all.. towards the end I was just glad that it all worked out..

I did some digging to find out more about the Android 7 nougat version and compatibility with the Dji GO4 app. And based on what I found out....is if you in fact have a nVidia K1 Shield, DO NOT update to Android 7 Nougat!

Apparently the Android 7 has a new hybrid AOT/JIT compiler that will have major issue with apps until the apps go through being updated. As for the GO4 app....I was told it's a mammoth task to rework the GO4 app for Android 7. The only option for anyone now with the Android 7 installed, must rollback to Android 6 marshmallow. If you have already rolled back and have decent instruction on how to for the nVidia, please post that info here to share with others in need.

Btw, they say GO4 was actually written for Android 5 using C++.

Found this on the DJI forum, not tried it yet.

Nvida K1 Tablet

Found this on the DJI forum, not tried it yet.

Nvida K1 Tablet

Yes this one is a very good one to use. I ran into a problem due to not flashing (at that time), my current setup. I ended up installing a fresh Android 6 marshmallow version.

Last edited:
Did this myself last night, worked without any issues.

I'm trying but I can't get my PC to see it in device manager. I've loaded up the windows drivers but when I try to update the driver Windows tells me that I've got the up to date driver even if I choose the folder where I saved the drivers. Device manager sees the Shield but only as a Portable Device not an Android device. I can't seem to enable MTP USB on the Shield, I can't find that option, only charge only, transfer files, PTP and MIDI, MTP just isn't there..

Plus it pis ses me off that having to do this will void my warranty all because 7 and Go4 are incompatible or through no fault of mine, my Shield is only a month old..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB