DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Lag

Too bad it took so long for you to get answers to a couple of simple questions
My apologies for misunderstanding your original question.

4k video is a challenge for a normal windows laptop, unless you have a top end video card in it, or one designed with high end video specs.

Therefore: you might be OK if you record in 720 or 1080 (except 1080 on the Mavic produces some pretty aliased footage). Unfortunately that leaves a big gap in the HD ladder.

So try recording in lower resolutions. The settings for camera are on dji go4, right hand side, bottom... little slider looking icon. Then I believe the recording settings are under the gear wheel. And yes the mavic needs to be connected and on, to make camera changes.

Now if it is only a viewing issue you might try this: transfer your cached 720 files from your device to your laptop. If that works you can still record in 4k for later when you get a faster machine.

Good luck, and let us know.

Last edited:
Too bad it took so long for you to get answers to a couple of simple questions
My apologies for misunderstanding your original question.

4k video is a challenge for a normal windows laptop, unless you have a top end video card in it, or one designed with high end video specs.

Therefore: you might be OK if you record in 720 or 1080 (except 1080 on the Mavic produces some pretty aliased footage). Unfortunately that leaves a big gap in the HD ladder.

So try recording in lower resolutions. The settings for camera are on dji go4, right hand side, bottom... little slider looking icon. Then I believe the recording settings are under the gear wheel. And yes the mavic needs to be connected and on, to make camera changes.

Now if it is only a viewing issue you might try this: transfer your cached 720 files from your device to your laptop. If that works you can still record in 4k for later when you get a faster machine.

Good luck, and let us know.
Bang on! Thank you so much for yours answer. And to every body else who has helped. Your support has made finding my way around a joy :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d