DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video not recorded to SD card - but is on phone

SteveM

Reactions
I recorded some flying yesterday. But there is one recording (in the middle of other recordings) that is not on the SD card. Of course it happened to be the most important part! It is on the phone DJI Go app to watch. What could have caused this video to not be on the SD card?

I have read that if the drone is turned off before you stop recording, it doesn’t store it? Is this the cause of my issue? Any advice welcome. Thanks.

I have read that if the drone is turned off before you stop recording, it doesn’t store it? Is this the cause of my issue?
That could be the case if the file is visible but corrupt. Turning the drone back on usually fixes the issue when that happens. When the file is completely missing, that usually means you weren't actually recording.

If you have DJI GO setup to cache the video on your mobile device, then you should have a low quality version of the video on your mobile device if you were recording. If that setting is enabled and the video is missing in both places, that would at least confirm you weren't actually recording.

It could be if you think you turned it off before stopping recording.
If you know that happened and it was the last file you can turn on again and the buffer will clear and file be finalised. If it was very important there are ways to rescue the file but it isn't guaranteed to work.
The file on your phone is completely separate and won't have been affected.

That could be the case if the file is visible but corrupt. Turning the drone back on usually fixes the issue when that happens. When the file is completely missing, that usually means you weren't actually recording.

If you have DJI GO setup to cache the video on your mobile device, then you should have a low quality version of the video on your mobile device if you were recording. If that setting is enabled and the video is missing in both places, that would at least confirm you weren't actually recording.

Yes - I have the low quality version on the mobile. So does that confirm I was recording? There is no file visible on the SD card at around that time. Just ones before and after.

Im having the same exact issue. I lost some really great high quality footage do to this issue. There are also no corrupt or other files for that matter on the SD card. Just a couple of old mavic videos. So it was clearly working at some point.

Save to SD card and not to phone memory
Save to SD card and not to iPhone memory

The problem I'm having, and have searched without luck for a fix, is I filmed several videos last week and more today and whilst the videos from last week will play off SD card in my PC and from within the DJI GO 4 app's "album" section, the clips I shot today will ONLY play on my iPhone, they're not showing up on the drones internal storage nor on the drones SD card, which is only new an dfully functional.

All of today's videos are [color=var(--yt-spec-text-primary)][size=1.4]showing up in within the DJI GO 4 app, under the "editor" tab then in the "album" collection and all play no drama on my iPhone, these same video files, and some images too from today, are nowhere to be found on my SD card nor on the Mavic Air internal memory space.
[color=var(--yt-spec-text-primary)][size=1.4]

It's like they wrote purely and ONLY to the iPhone .... ? It's got me absolutely stumped !!! They're not in my default iPhone video folder anywhere either as I haven't downloaded the clips yet - I literally can only view these files on my iPhone within the DJI GO 4 app.

I have the cache set relatively high on my iPhone in case I ever had issues but has that made the drone record only to my phone and not to the SD card for some reason ?
I know the camera / drone recorded them all as I can play it on my phone from within the app but I just can't get them on my SD card ... which I need to do so I can edit them in filmora.
I need them on my PC but can't drag them over when they're only showing up in my iPhone ... it's doing my head in !!!
I've even tried suggestions like plugging the drone directly into my PC with the USB-C cord however that has done nothing either as the files seem to be only saved on my phone.
I even checked in the storage section with the app when my drone is on and that says I've chosen SD card too so I just can't understand why all of todays files have saved to my iphone and not the SD card - I did push recird on the phone each time - this "shouldn't" matter I wouldn't think as that is how I've always done it.
Someone online did say you should hit record on the remote and not the phone otherwise it will save to your phone and not your drones SD card but that doesn't seem right, it's never been an issue before.

P L E A S E HELP !!!!

Save to SD card and not to phone memory
Save to SD card and not to iPhone memory

The problem I'm having, and have searched without luck for a fix, is I filmed several videos last week and more today and whilst the videos from last week will play off SD card in my PC and from within the DJI GO 4 app's "album" section, the clips I shot today will ONLY play on my iPhone, they're not showing up on the drones internal storage nor on the drones SD card, which is only new an dfully functional.

All of today's videos are [color=var(--yt-spec-text-primary)][size=1.4]showing up in within the DJI GO 4 app, under the "editor" tab then in the "album" collection and all play no drama on my iPhone, these same video files, and some images too from today, are nowhere to be found on my SD card nor on the Mavic Air internal memory space.
[color=var(--yt-spec-text-primary)][size=1.4]

It's like they wrote purely and ONLY to the iPhone .... ? It's got me absolutely stumped !!! They're not in my default iPhone video folder anywhere either as I haven't downloaded the clips yet - I literally can only view these files on my iPhone within the DJI GO 4 app.

I have the cache set relatively high on my iPhone in case I ever had issues but has that made the drone record only to my phone and not to the SD card for some reason ?
I know the camera / drone recorded them all as I can play it on my phone from within the app but I just can't get them on my SD card ... which I need to do so I can edit them in filmora.
I need them on my PC but can't drag them over when they're only showing up in my iPhone ... it's doing my head in !!!
I've even tried suggestions like plugging the drone directly into my PC with the USB-C cord however that has done nothing either as the files seem to be only saved on my phone.
I even checked in the storage section with the app when my drone is on and that says I've chosen SD card too so I just can't understand why all of todays files have saved to my iphone and not the SD card - I did push recird on the phone each time - this "shouldn't" matter I wouldn't think as that is how I've always done it.
Someone online did say you should hit record on the remote and not the phone otherwise it will save to your phone and not your drones SD card but that doesn't seem right, it's never been an issue before.

P L E A S E HELP !!!!
This thread is 6 years old with a last response of 5 years ago.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev