DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video problem

cybervet

Reactions
I have a problem with my mavic air live view and cached video breaking and jittering while on the sd file everything is fine. Everything is updated to the latest versions DJI GO 4 , MA, RC, sd card is a sandisk extreme pro (tried others also with same results). I use the same android phone with same dji Go4 for mavic pro, P4, spark with no problems, only on MA I have this issue. I attached a short video taken from the cached video file, it looks exactly the same as I see on the live view.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That is a relativ normal occurance. The connection between the drone and the controller (and then the phone/pad) is primarly reserved for control signals. Therefore, the signal of the video is not as efficient, which causes the problems you described. Actually, the video you see on the phone/pad is more meant as a control, not really for editing.

Then why it is not so in the spark? Even in Phantom vision the live view was better.

No idea why there is a difference, but for me, as long as the footage on the SD is okay, I can live with less transmission quality.

I have a problem with my mavic air live view and cached video breaking and jittering while on the sd file everything is fine. Everything is updated to the latest versions DJI GO 4 , MA, RC, sd card is a sandisk extreme pro (tried others also with same results). I use the same android phone with same dji Go4 for mavic pro, P4, spark with no problems, only on MA I have this issue. I attached a short video taken from the cached video file, it looks exactly the same as I see on the live view.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Does the problem appear whatever is the resolution of the SD card footage or is heavy with the resolution increase?

The question is about the videoquality in the cache, not the real footage on the SD-Card. That seems to be okay.

The question is about the videoquality in the cache, not the real footage on the SD-Card. That seems to be okay.
I understand, but there must be a conversion between the original and the cached images and it is possible that a different conversion time at high resolutions cause the problem. This was the reason of my question.

The cached images come from the transmission. They have a much lower resolution, simply because of the amount of data that needs to be transfered. They are not transfered from the original files on the SD but wirtten into the device at your controller simultaneously. Now, I do have in the back of my memory that the Spark and Phantom use a different signal then the MA (which uses wifi) for the controler. That might be the reason their is not enough "room" on the signal to send better quality video to the controller.

It is always the same , does not matter what is the resolution for the sd recording.
If you are fliing in Europe and use radio CE mode, try to switch to FCC mode(it is illegal, but just for a while for testing).
If you are already in a FCC country, forget this suggestion.

The cached images come from the transmission. They have a much lower resolution, simply because of the amount of data that needs to be transfered. They are not transfered from the original files on the SD but wirtten into the device at your controller simultaneously. Now, I do have in the back of my memory that the Spark and Phantom use a different signal then the MA (which uses wifi) for the controler. That might be the reason their is not enough "room" on the signal to send better quality video to the controller.
Actually spark uses wifi which is inferior to enhanced wifi of mavic air.

If you are fliing in Europe and use radio CE mode, try to switch to FCC mode(it is illegal, but just for a while for testing).
If you are already in a FCC country, forget this suggestion.
This video is in FCC mode, CE or FCC does not make a difference.

I stlll don't really understand the problem. The video shown on the phone/pad with the controller is just a preview, the real video is stored on the SD in the drone and that one is ok. So what is the problem?

I fly VLOS, as requiered by law in the countries I operate (Germany, Netherlands, Sweden), so the quality of the transmission is absolute secondary.

The biggest problem is the live view, looks exactly like the cached video even in sort distances like 8 meters. As you can see apart from the broken picture there is a lag in the video feed , that is not normal, at least in all the other drones that I own.
I stlll don't really understand the problem. The video shown on the phone/pad with the controller is just a preview, the real video is stored on the SD in the drone and that one is ok. So what is the problem?

I fly VLOS, as requiered by law in the countries I operate (Germany, Netherlands, Sweden), so the quality of the transmission is absolute secondary.

Just out of curiosity , everyone who has a MA has the same quality of live video feed?

No, my video is good. Even at 1 -2 kilometer away it's good. I haven't flown any further that that.

What distance is that MA to the RC in the video posted above? How many bars of signal strength do you have?

No, my video is good. Even at 1 -2 kilometer away it's good. I haven't flown any further that that.

What distance is that MA to the RC in the video posted above? How many bars of signal strength do you have?
18 meters , full bars

The only other thing I could think of other than faulty hardware is Wifi interference. Have you tried manual mode and selecting a quiet channel? Or flying some where out of town to test?

Tried manual mode on both 2.4 and 5.8 , same result. I am pretty sure it's hardware fault , maybe in the rc end but I am not sure.
The only other thing I could think of other than faulty hardware is Wifi interference. Have you tried manual mode and selecting a quiet channel? Or flying some where out of town to test?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark