DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video spec issue between App and drone

Justin586

Reactions
hi all
so I've undertaken a number of flights now in singapore and now Bali. I just take brief recordings up to 2 mins max - haven't fiddled with any of the camera specs so it's on whatever the default settings are.
prior to two days ago I would see the videos and photos from my flights on the app editor screen. if I wanted hi res I had to download it direct over wifi, that was fine.
now I took several photos today and saw all those appear just fine - however the videos have stopped syncing... I flew up again and took the video a second time thinking it didn't record (having deleted a bunch of prior videos in case it had no memory left (though it saved all the photos) but it still didn't appear.
just plugged the drone into my mac and I can see them on there fine...

am trying to figure out if I have changed a setting somehow but I stay out of the menus that I don't understand (several of them haha)

I also tried to airdrop the vids from my mac to my phone and though the photos transfer fine the videos appear to transfer but don't actually register anywhere on my phone.

maybe the resolution has changed somehow?? but would be weird because I definitely haven't messed with it...

anyone experienced a similar issue at all?

cheers!

if someone needs more detail or screenshots let me know. kinda annoying because I'm gonna be in the Gili islands for 10days and won't be able to review any footage...

otherwise loving the drone! getting much more confident with it and the tech is mind blowing. a crash into the sea plainly around the corner haha

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You'll need to enable the following setting in DJI GO in order to cache the videos on your mobile device:

DJI-GO-Video-Cache.jpg

Increase video cahche size limit setting in the app / enable auto clear so it removes oldest videos to make room for new ones when the limit is reached. Otherwise it jsut stops caching when full (but you should have seen a warning).

the drone just ran out of power in the middle of transferring the files to my mac... now took the microSD card out and plugged it in via an adapter. now it's saying no files on the card....
think I might have cocked this up

I definitely haven't seen any warnings... and there won't have been more than 10mins video on there. that's a lot less than the cache... furthermore I deleted an 8 minute video before the second flight today and proceeded to only take 2 more minutes afterwards. will check that setting mentioned above when the battery is back up and running.

i do find it a bit weird that you can't do a 'soft' on mode with the drone. I.e a Low power setting where you are connected to the remote so you can fiddle with menus...or so it doesn't have to sit there with the humble twitching and all the flashing lights even though it's just sitting transferring files to a desktop pc...

You'll need to enable the following setting in DJI GO in order to cache the videos on your mobile device:

View attachment 2655

see here the settings... and I had loads of cache space left... 1340megs out of 2000...
ebd58f63c16d85843074c8060efc93fb.jpg

looks like it was on 4K too...
not that it was ever a problem since I got it though if it was...

these are the cam settings now
ef2508979b8cc070a7c712d423fd931c.jpg

if anyone can think of anything else causing this do let me know, I haven't figured it out yet

Did you try manually clearing the video cache?

Did you try manually clearing the video cache?

I did delete several clips and have now set it to auto clear the old ones... also changed it to 1080p from 4K... hoping that gets rid of the weird distortion waves im getting across the screen when I'm filming while ascending such as here at between 13 and 26 secs

I'm still really happy with it but niggly details proving tricky.

in singapore you have 4g everywhere, perhaps that's why it's having no problem here caching the videos I take... in remote Bali it's pants... could the problem be down to that? at the end of the day the video is storing on the drone just not syncing fully to the phone... it's a nuisance but not something I'll be sending to the drone back for tho [emoji106]

check your gimbal to see if the gimbal plate is under the 2 tabs in front and 1 tab in rear. if the gimabl plate pops over one of those tabs the vibrations wil cause jello like in your vids. also maybe a broken or out of balance prop causing vibs

check your gimbal to see if the gimbal plate is under the 2 tabs in front and 1 tab in rear. if the gimabl plate pops over one of those tabs the vibrations wil cause jello like in your vids. also maybe a broken or out of balance prop causing vibs

thanks for that advice, I'll check this evening

If they have popped out is there an easy way I can fix them? props are fine- only taken one small indoor beating haha

just use your finger or a pen to pop it back under the tabs, check the one tab behind the gimbal its hard to see. the gimbal should be hanging freely from its 4 rubber bands. check this thread for pics and info. Mavic gimbal issue; you all need to read!

d3ee164aab0e28a139a0466b613dad10.jpg

8ce4882a5800ebdca5567f75a4e5abd3.jpg

looks fine to me, quite frustrating really. will fly it at lunchtime and see if it gets any better

just use your finger or a pen to pop it back under the tabs, check the one tab behind the gimbal its hard to see. the gimbal should be hanging freely from its 4 rubber bands. check this thread for pics and info. Mavic gimbal issue; you all need to read!

awesome mate! that's fixed it. I'd missed the little clip at the back... thanks a lot! here's a pic from the flight just now, 400m and yes in an area far from flight paths and no restrictions, just tested the height limit for a moment
7ad2f461101eadd362eaaa7446e2cf44.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007