DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty Issue

Triple r

Reactions
I bought the Mavic 2 pro April 10th. I have the Refresh with it. I have a gimbal shake when recording and the gimbal arm is loose on the right side of camera!! What is the best way to get it repaired and hopefully get a new one rather than refurbished? Many thank you.

April 10th, if you can return it to place of purchase for refund or exchange.
If that is not possible, send to DJI for new replacement or at worse warranty repair.
You shouldn't have to use one of your Care Refresh for this if it was bought new less than 4 weeks ago.
Have you contacted DJI ?

April 10th, if you can return it to place of purchase for refund or exchange.
If that is not possible, send to DJI for new replacement or at worse warranty repair.
You shouldn't have to use one of your Care Refresh for this if it was bought new less than 4 weeks ago.
Have you contacted DJI ?

Not yet. This was bought at a Best Buy. They charge a restocking fee. Not sure how a warranty issue is handled through them

No, no, no. People keep bringing this up.

a) it's defective. If Best Buy asks a restocking fee to exchange for a new one (they won't), don't get angry, but do mention the law and the ability to retain a lawyer.

b) even if you do not exchange, but want a full refund, there should never, ever be a re-stocking fee on defective product.

Best Buy's restocking fee is BS. You will get push back from the manger there if you simply want to return something because you don't want it, but when it is defective, that rule should not apply AT ALL.

Don't get any brand new product repaired under warranty. ALWAYS return it for what you paid for: a brand new, fully functioning product. Exchange or full-refund only.

Chris

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Not yet. This was bought at a Best Buy. They charge a restocking fee. Not sure how a warranty issue is handled through them

a) it's defective. If Best Buy asks a restocking fee to exchange for a new one (they won't), don't get angry, but do mention the law and the ability to retain a lawyer.

b) even if you do not exchange, but want a full refund, there should never, ever be a re-stocking fee on defective product.

Agree, but I guess it comes down to how much this drone has been flown, and if the problem was here from the start.
If the OP has only made one or two flights with it, and the problem always apparent, then it should go back to Best Buy, and yes no charges as described for restocking (it's defective !).

If in 3 weeks or so, the OP has flown it once or twice a day, say 20 - 30 flights and it was ok until recently, it could still go back through the retailer (if it looks brand new, no marks etc should get through), but normally it would then be warranty.

The easiest is to return, exchange for new or refund, then use the new one or $ to get new one.

I think it should depend on evidence of damage.

The retailer has a right to not take back product that's been apparently abused. But if a defect shows up in the normal return period and show signs of user damage, it should be returnable, even if the defect didn't show up immediately.

A retailer should have no problem with this. Consumer laws are there to protect people from being stuck with lemons, and that happened a lot, retailers would push back on manufacturers, and then manufacturers would either clean up their QA or go out of business. That's the way it works.

A new product owner should not have to warranty repair a brand new unit, as I said. If they damaged it, warranty doesn't even apply.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52