DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty Question

Mr500CM

Reactions
Hi guys, I just had my Air 2 swapped out by DJI it had camera issues and was under warranty which is running out in a few weeks. I'm not planning on doing any flying until spring and was wondering what the warranty is on my replacement. Does it start from when I received it or when its activated?

In all DJI was great I reported the breakdown on Sunday and by Wednesday evening a replacement was in my hands.

Lance

Warranty remains from the original purchase date.

Does it start from when I received it or when its activated?
Per the DJI warranty, (in most cases) the warranty period starts on the day the original drone was delivered.

"The warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the shipping date that shows on the product, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI."

Repairing or replacing your original drone has no impact on the warranty period.

Whilst I do not doubt that the intention is to state that the warranty period runs from the date of purchase or delivery of the original drone etc. but ............ nit picking lawyers must drool over wording such as:-
"the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered"

Last edited:
The warranty period, as others have stated, is from the purchase date. I plan on buying one of the Mavic 3 offerings, but not until at the earliest early spring so I'm not sitting through winter, rarely flying and the warranty period ticking away. Also, DJI limits the Care/Refresh to 2 years, so that needs to be maximized as well.

I just had a situation where I needed to send my Mavic 2 in for repair only to learn that C/R expired at the end of September! So DJI got 2 years of premiums free and clear and I got the privilege of having to cover the full repair myself.

.....rarely flying and the warranty period ticking away. Als.........
In humour, I know I have a twisted mind at times but...... in general, does it matter whether or not time ticks away at the start or end of the insurance? If the insurance runs in yearly increments time will tick away next winter too, lol.

That said some bits, batteries perhaps?, might have only 6 months warranty, in which case there is a definite advantage to NOT having them sit "ticking away" warranty period over the remainder of the winter.

Reactions: Ralph thompson
The warranty period, as others have stated, is from the purchase date. I plan on buying one of the Mavic 3 offerings, but not until at the earliest early spring so I'm not sitting through winter, rarely flying and the warranty period ticking away. Also, DJI limits the Care/Refresh to 2 years, so that needs to be maximized as well.
I wasn't sure about the refresh limits. I got my Air2 in before the warranty ran out, due to the weather here in NY I’m not planning on flying until the weather warms up So I guess there’s no way of knowing if there are any problems with the replacement drone.

I wasn't sure about the refresh limits. I got my Air2 in before the warranty ran out, due to the weather here in NY I’m not planning on flying until the weather warms up So I guess there’s no way of knowing if there are any problems with the replacement drone.
Is your screen name a nod to the Hasselblad 500CM?

In humour, I know I have a twisted mind at times but...... in general, does it matter whether or not time ticks away at the start or end of the insurance? If the insurance runs in yearly increments time will tick away next winter too, lol.

That said some bits, batteries perhaps?, might have only 6 months warranty, in which case there is a definite advantage to NOT having them sit "ticking away" warranty period over the remainder of the winter.
Much depends on our vacation schedule to warmer climates. Typically we would go in late December/early Jan, but this year we're looking at mid March. At least 2 weeks in Florida a week or so in Tennessee. If it weren't for the continuation of covid the entire winter in Mexico would be an option. A warranty period of March to March seems like the timing is better. With a 2 year warranty if possible to purchase it would be fine. In the meantime, should I want to fly this winter I have a M2P, a Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro. I decided that buying one of the M3 variants would be better than plowing money into M2 batteries and repairs.

I had recently, with standard pre-flight inspection noticed that one of the front legs of my M2P had a pretty good crack in it. I didn't crash it, so have no idea how it got cracked. Only then did I learn that my Care/Refresh was no longer "valid" and unrenewable, only by a few weeks. The repair quotes were in the $200 range. I need to put this stuff in my calendar just to make sure available coverage doesn't go away. I'd have been better off to have a complete wreck as the drone is insured via State Farm Insurance for complete replacement value. Others might take that option and go destroy their drone so they can collect the insurance and buy another drone. I can't do that. If it crashes or flies away, truly accidentally, then I'll consider making a claim. While not the prettiest of options because of the nature of the crack superglue gel seems to have made it solid again. In the meantime, the saved $200 from the non-repair and the $300 from the returned M2 batteries that money will be applied to a new drone instead. With the M3classic that can be purchased ala carte, no tax, no shipping the M3c would only be a little more out of pocket than the Mini 3 Pro.

If you are able DIY fix the M2P, they aren't difficult to work on.
I had to replace a rear arm on a Zoom and the front arm shouldn't be any more difficult, in fact it's probably easier.
The trick with the front arm is to put the arm and or pivot in the tipping point, between the spring open and spring close position, when you are removing of fitting the pivot. Also don't lose the black plastic thrust washer that fit between the top of the arm and the under side of the corresponding location in the drones shell.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet