DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was very satisfied with DJIGO App...downloaded DJI GO4 : DISASTER, multiples disconnections !!!

I promise I'm no expert but I'll tell you what has worked for me . First make sure dji3 is not running I'd remove it .
The main thing is after installing dji go4 you will have an opportunity to have it auto start THIS IS THE ANSWER if your go4 app auto starts it won't disconnect if you manually open the app and are on android you may get disconnects. Wether its coincidence I can't say but I can replicate this every time .
If I close and open app I get disconnects if the app auto opens I never get disconects

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

OK good tips here, i will start this on one of my phone
but i think i 'll keep on using DJI GO3 as long as it's possible

thank you all guys :)

Sometimes better to get used to it now . Very few days left of go 3 working , then it won't be a rush.
Like my post says I have never had a single disconects as long as app auto opens .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: KONY
I have no idea, it could just be a coincidence, but the app is just a data read/sender bound by a wire. I highly doubt the GO app is telling the RC to disconnect for ***** and giggles.

You could experiment however. If you get a disconnect with the Go 4 app, unplug the phone from the RC and see what happens.

I don't know what's going on with DJI APP4 but I've been having problems with the HD video feed as reported here

Live HD signal loss using Go 4 App, using older Go app live is fine.

Now it is working again with DJI APP v3

I had multiple disconnects with DJI GO3, and none with the Litchi App. I then read about putting the phone in airplane mode. No more disconnects with DJI GO3 app. I have not downloaded the DJI GO4 app because of the reviews I read on the Android App Store (disconnects even in airplane mode). Other forum posts have Apple owners not having a problem. Android folks seem to be screaming bloody murder.

I didn't try it myself because I was worried about having to update firmware that would be difficult to uninstall. It's good to know you can just uninstall the app.

Hello,

This behaviour is very similar to the problem that I described in a the thread that I posted here: DJI GO 4 video feed laggy/unusable (v3 works fine). The significant difference for me being that while I do suffer from regular and recurring disconnections on my tablet, my R/C still has full signal and control - just the video feed on the tablet is lost.

For what it's worth:
  • I currently have both versions of DJI GO on both my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone (on which everything works perfectly), and both versions on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 (on which only v3 works reliably - v4 suffers from the disconnection issue at hand)
  • There is no change after the recent firmware upgrade,
  • The idea that _milo_ posted does not make any difference,
  • This behaviour is also well reported in the official DJI forums. In particular, I've been contributing to this thread; you may wish to keep watch there as well.

Hi i have a Galaxy s6. New to mavic was having several disconnects. The problem was the controller grip was pressing the main button on the face of the phone .since finding this i have ensured the grip doesnt touch the button and i have no problems.

Reactions: KONY
Hello i have my MAVIC since 4 months now using DJI GO original app.
SAMSUNG Galaxy S6.

Yesterday as i saw a pop up message by DJI informing the fact that they will abandon DJI GO, i decided to download, on the same phone, the latest version of DJI GO4 : 4.0.2

And it has been a disaster . In the single day of yesterday i had around 7 disconnections in flight...where basically i lost control of the MAVIC and the remote control became unresponsive (even pressing RTH button was having no effect): only option was to restart the Remote control during flight (and hearing the RTH activated itself during that critical time)

very scary !!!

I had never had disconnections with DJI GO APP in more than 4 Months so i was really concerned to see so many disconnections in just 2 single flights !!

What's interesting is that after a few discos, i decided to go back flying using the DJI GO original app (while the DJI GO4 was still installed on the phone). and i also experienced some discos with the old app.

This led me to believe that maybe some conflicts were being created by the co-existence of those 2 apps on my GALAXY S6 (even if i was "killing" 1 in the task manager before using the other)

Anyway, tired of all this i decided to completely uninstall DJI GO 4 and , MIRACLE, flying was stable again with DJI GO3 without further disconnections.

Has anyone experienced some conflicts having those 2 apps installed on a samsung galaxy S6 ?

For the time being i will not re-install DJIGO4 but i'm concerned for the future, when there will be no updates for DJI GO3...

thanx

I have only flown three times since installing 4.0.2 on iPhone 7+ and Mavic, and as long as I have GPS and a good compass calibration, I have had no problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green