DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We must not wait for a terrorist atrocity before we regulate drones...

DirkGently

Reactions
Not my words but Norman Tebbit in the the Telegraph:

We must not wait for a terrorist atrocity before we regulate drones

Its a paid for article but commenting is possible without coughing up!

Hopefully if anyone in the UK has an opinion on the use of a DJI Mavic to wipe out a city they can leave comments - we need to inform the public and try and mitigate the effects of "Drones are evil, evil I tell you" articles.

Reactions: Pluto88888
If it's going to happen, it's going to happen with or without regulations of any kind. Hope it never does or else, end of hobby for us law biting buch.

Terrorist will use anything to harm people from trucks to drones.
Even a hammer can do serious damage keep people locked in 24/7 safe and sound.

I am thinking the payload restrictions of most Drones would limit the amount of ordnance that is deliverable via drone. With the exception of Bio of course, but there are many better ways to accomplish their goals other that drone, are we going to outlaw trucks? planes? public transportation? Typical fear mongering by a clueless politician. And besides, what Terrorist pays any attention to regulations?

Politicians in the U.K. love things they can tax. Regulation will be carried out by licensing. Licensing is just a stealth tax. You'll fill in a form, everyone will answer the question "Do you agree not to use a UAV to commit terrorism, and are not in process of planning a terrorist act?" By ticking the Yes box. (Even the terrorists who'll use it not for the act, but for the recon).

Pay £89.95.

Three year licence granted.

Public will support it because they see drones as a threat and will have that fuzzy feeling that regulation means safety is being looked after by their Government. Tell that to Dunblane.

Tebbit is an old fossil who should be packed off to a retirement home, tout suite. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

This is how our government works in the UK. & everywhere else... take away our right to do something- then sell it back to us. Licensing.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661