DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We people of United States of America are corrupted into Drones

I was thinking model cost too - used to fly RC aerobatic planes and had several grand into each of them (30%-42% scale with up to 170cc gas engines). I had buddies with turbine jets and they were easily in the thousands...
:rolleyes:
170cc’s?! Thats twice the displacement of my motorcycle! (a 1968 Honda Trail 90)

:rolleyes:
170cc’s?! Thats twice the displacement of my motorcycle! (a 1968 Honda Trail 90)
Closer to your size - 85cc, single cylinder, gas on a tuned pipe. I was spinning a 27" carbon fiber prop a little over 7000 RPMs on the ground. That was a bad mother - the tuned pipe was the size of a baseball bat and ran inside the whole belly of the fuselage. Here's that bird..
1929083_1062961336318_5418578_n.jpg

They make kits that weigh just under 55 pounds but you need to learn how to fly fixed wing aircraft. A buddy built these for industrial work.

View attachment 85493
Do you have any videos of the drones flying? Those mini military looking drones.

Closer to your size - 85cc, single cylinder, gas on a tuned pipe. I was spinning a 27" carbon fiber prop a little over 7000 RPMs on the ground. That was a bad mother - the tuned pipe was the size of a baseball bat and ran inside the whole belly of the fuselage. Here's that bird..
View attachment 85568
This one also, any videos of that bad mother flying?

Do you have any videos of the drones flying? Those mini military looking drones.

I think most people that see them, do so at the last few seconds of their lives.

There is this little cutie . . .

I would love to build one that has the profile shape and size....its possible ,you agree? I would have to look into the powerplant.

Yeah, they are kits you build. Kind of boring to fly VLOS compared to a 3D plane but FPV is fun. Here is a different model.

It's an RC, or the USAF is accepting very short pilots !!
No offence to short pilots out there ?
Back in 2009 I worked at a facility in Jacksonville Fla that was converting "run-out"F-16s into drones for aerial targets for manned aircraft, interesting concept...we produced 10 of them before I left...just passing on some info.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.