DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well that was stupid

Glad you got it back, that makes the lesson a success. It is good to know exactly where the line is that you shouldn't send it up.

Reactions: Madmyke
I thought I'd go fly the DJI Mavic 2 with a storm coming in figuring it could handle the wind. Wrong and very lucky to get it back!

View attachment 160952
With a title like that, I had to open the message. Give us more details - did you lose connection and it came home on its own? Did you have to fly into a wind that almost kept it away? On pins and needles.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Basically I sent it straight up without looking at it immediately and when I did it was heading for the East Coast! I brought it down as low as I could know there were trees that way and headed back as best I could looking at the map, but it was bouncing all over the place. I saw on the map it was making headway and saw trees on the camera and dodged a few. Finally got it to the house and landed.

Reactions: bsshog40
25 - 30 mph sustained winds and you flew?
He lives dangerously. If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

There's a guy in Vegas on Freemont Street dressed like Pee Wee, bike and all. He must be there to charge for pictures 'cause he gets pissed when you take one from a distance.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I know this is a DJI thread, but the above is why I loved my Yuneec Typhoon H. I flew the Mavic in many conditions including -20f, but when the wind increased I pulled out the Typhoon. Flew it on commercial jobs when the Mavic could not handle it and the shot had to be achieved. The last job before I sold it was 38mph with gusts to 45mph and it held solid with a smooth video.

I know this is a DJI thread, but the above is why I loved my Yuneec Typhoon H. I flew the Mavic in many conditions including -20f, but when the wind increased I pulled out the Typhoon. Flew it on commercial jobs when the Mavic could not handle it and the shot had to be achieved. The last job before I sold it was 38mph with gusts to 45mph and it held solid with a smooth video.
So what made you sell the Typhoon if it was so good?

So what made you sell the Typhoon if it was so good?
1) With my other business which is my priority, I slowed down on commercial jobs
2) After buying too many drones over the years, I decided to sell some as my other business didn't give me time to fly all of them.

2 Typhoons, 2 M2P's, 2 Mavic's, Air2s, Autel EVO Pro. I had two of each for commercial work to maintain a backup unit.
I sold the Typhoons, EVO Pro, one M2P, and two Original Mavic's. Now I have the M3, one M2P (hacked), and the Air2s.
The Typhoon was a joy to fly. It'a downside was being a large unit to carry around.

1) With my other business which is my priority, I slowed down on commercial jobs
2) After buying too many drones over the years, I decided to sell some as my other business didn't give me time to fly all of them.

2 Typhoons, 2 M2P's, 2 Mavic's, Air2s, Autel EVO Pro. I had two of each for commercial work to maintain a backup unit.
I sold the Typhoons, EVO Pro, one M2P, and two Original Mavic's. Now I have the M3, one M2P (hacked), and the Air2s.
The Typhoon was a joy to fly. It'a downside was being a large unit to carry around.
When you say M2P hacked what do you mean by that?

When you say M2P hacked what do you mean by that?
Drone-Hack.com has a program that removes the DJI Geo Fencing. So if I have a job in FAA controlled air space, I obtain a LAANC approval and comply with any other FAA requirements if applicable, then fly. If I am not in a FAA controlled air space, then I fly while complying with any FAA requirement if applicable. My M2P no longer has any notices, restrictions, or controls from DJI.

Failure is an excellent teacher.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli