DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are the ‘must have’ filters ?

JonD

Reactions
hopefully pickkng up A MPP this week, what would be the must have filters?

Bear in mind I’m located in the UK which may have a bearing on which.

I use polar pro cinema series. Have both vivid and shutter pack. A bit on the expensive side and I'm sure there will be cheaper options.

Recently I've been flying without filters. Lighting in Scotland is crap at this (and most other) time of year.

Reactions: JonD
I use polar pro cinema series. Have both vivid and shutter pack. A bit on the expensive side and I'm sure there will be cheaper options.

Recently I've been flying without filters. Lighting in Scotland is crap at this (and most other) time of year.

How are you deciding which to fit? Light meter or power up Mavic and check shutter speed in ambient light on auto?

How are you deciding which to fit? Light meter or power up Mavic and check shutter speed in ambient light on auto?

Yes the best way is to take an ambient light reading and then calculate the amount of filter needed to get your shutter speed at double frame rate.

We also have an app to help you calculate the correct filter:
PolarPro | App

Let us know if you have any questions on the filters or need help locating them!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: dan0mite and JonD
There really is no "must have filter" since the mavic flys the same with or without one. I don't have any, but if you're into quality video and editing it seems a 4,8, and 16 are most useful. If you were to have one, 8 is close to "all purpose" but I'm sure you'll get different opinions in the replies to,your post.

I am not sure that there are any MUST have filters, I have not found a need for any, yet. So maybe save the cash and wait to review the unfiltered results before deciding if needed.

I am not sure that there are any MUST have filters, I have not found a need for any, yet. So maybe save the cash and wait to review the unfiltered results before deciding if needed.

You are correct, filters are not must haves. They are for pilots who are either 1. Trying to reduce glare and increase color saturation (with polarizers) or 2. Trying to lower shutter speed to double frame rate. Lowering shutter speed to double frame rate allows each frame to blend together for more cinematic style video. Filters are all very much personal preference with what you are trying to achieve with your Mavic :)

Personally I shoot the vivid collection a lot of the time:
DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series - Vivid Collection

-Jeff from PolarPro

I bought the PolarPro 6 pack with 2 polarized and 4 other lenses. I use the polarized 8 and 16 most of the time. I am shooting on beaches and the ocean so it is always really bright.

I use PolarPro cinema series with 3 ND+Polarizing (4,8,16) and 3 ND filters (8,16,32).
The 6 filter pack is quite expensive. I would suggest just the 3 ND+polarization.
The 8 and 16 ND+PL are the most used for me. I use the PolarPro app sometimes to select the right filter otherwise just figure out how to reduce shutter speeds depending on light and time of day. Trial and error worked for me in the beginning

Reactions: PolarPro and Callum

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail