Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Are the Other Files on My SD Card?

Bob in Savannah

Masters Patron
Reactions
Site
instagram.com
I know what the DNG and the JPEG and the MP4 files are because those are the ones I upload into Lightroom and Davinci.

However, there is a multitude of other files on the SD card and I have no idea what they are. I searched here and didn't find an answer.

Now that I'm about to post this maybe I should have googled the actual file names and that might tell me something. Thanks for humoring me and my lack of knowledge. grr..

I know what the DNG and the JPEG and the MP4 files are because those are the ones I upload into Lightroom and Davinci.

However, there is a multitude of other files on the SD card and I have no idea what they are. I searched here and didn't find an answer.
Nothing that's of any use to you.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob in Savannah

Now that I'm about to post this maybe I should have googled the actual file names and that might tell me something. Thanks for humoring me and my lack of knowledge. grr..
If you have subtitles turned on in the Fly app, you'll find .srt files. These contain video telemetry data, essentially like exif data that's embedded in .jpg and other still picture files. Some video players will allow you to display this data when you play back your videos. Some editors allow you to manipulate this data in creative ways.

None of these files are on the SD card. They're on the controller. Hope you know that.
Ack! My bad. Yes, I did know that.

I should have asked first, which drone are we talking about? Because some of those files actually are on the removable SD card of the Mini-1.

In the post I linked above, in Section 3. LOG FILE RETRIEVAL, under Aircraft DAT files, you'll find it says this:

The Mavic Mini maintains the most recent DAT file named fc_log.log on the removeable SD card in hidden folder: MISC » LOG » flylog. Change the file extension from .log to .DAT to read the file with DatCon.

It would be useful if @OJsakila could give some examples of his mystery files, or even just the file extensions?

It would be useful if @OJsakila could give some examples of his mystery files, or even just the file extensions?
I'm sorry. The drone in question is a Mavic 3 and the files are most definitely on the SD card. I'll have to look on the card for the file extensions.. Thnx

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming