DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are the RC Cable Sliders??

DJI-Mavic-pro-remote-controller-with-iphone.jpg

And they are subtly different for the different variations.
I find it annoying and tends to stop the plug going in square - best removed IMO.
It doesn't do much other than help keep the cable in place when not connected.

I find it annoying and tends to stop the plug going in square - best removed IMO.
It doesn't do much other than help keep the cable in place when not connected.
How do you remove or change these sliders?

Just push one side in or out until it comes free, they are on a shallow plastic track.
It's more difficult getting the alternative one in - look at the shape closely there's a cut out for the cable

Reactions: rcheli9
Tried changing mine to micro USB. Tried putting the slider in the track first, then pushing the connector in, the slider pops out. Tried putting the cable in the slider, then pushing onto the track, the cable pops out. I like the idea of supporting the cable as it is plugged into the controller, but suspect the assembly requires a bit more precision engineering. Ready to give up and let the cable hang free like everyone else.

Each cable has its own sliders in its little bag.

But it's better not to put the slider anyway, people don't remove them just becasue they're annoying but becasue it actually causes stress on the phone's port and/or bad connections.

Reactions: Qoncussion
The slider for the iPhone lighting cable just pops out all the time. It would be great if it stayed in. I've considered gluing it, but then I'd want a backup cable. Hmm Any ideas?

I have lost my slider, does anyone know where I can buy a new one, I’ve contacted my supplier but not heard back yet, any help would be much appreciated as I have tried google but not finding any yet ?
Ian

I believe you get the matching one when you buy a spare cable.

As mentioned many remove them so maybe someone could send you one... I've actually thrown mine away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spider10
I believe you get the matching one when buy a spare cable.

As mentioned many remove them so maybe someone could send you one... I've actually thrown mine away.
Thank you, I will look to order a cable, don’t you find the cable no hangs out awkward without the slider ?
Ian

Go commando, and just let the cable hang. It tucks up nicely under the folded arm when storing the RC. I tried the sliders for a second once, and have no idea where they are now.

Reactions: Spider10
don’t you find the cable no hangs out awkward without the slider
It hangs, but whatever, it's not like it's an issue. At least much less than the force I had to put onto my phone's USB port while it was there that made me feel like I was going to damage the phone every time. Was causing bad contacts too due to bad alignment.

I have removed as this has put stress on Samsung A5 2017 USB c port. Have had to replace phone.

I have lost my slider, does anyone know where I can buy a new one, I’ve contacted my supplier but not heard back yet, any help would be much appreciated as I have tried google but not finding any yet ?
Ian

Ian,
what slider have you lost, I might have one?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds