DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are your Good and Bad Buys?

jerry2032

Reactions
Here's mine:

Thumbs up List:
  • DJI Fly more combo: I had read that it wasn't worth it and that the bag doesn't fit all the extras but I've been very happy with it and I think folks are trying to stuff too much into it. Leave the wall charger at home and the car charger in the car and just take the 4 port charger in the bag and you're good to go. The only thing I didn't like about the bag is the DJI logo. I rather not advertise what's in the bag.
  • YXC06 charger. I bought this before I read that the combo comes with a multi-battery charger and was going to send it back but ended up using it and I'm super happy with it. Should you drain all your batteries in one trip you won't have a better faster option for charging them up all at once.
  • Ipad Mini 4: Very happy with this. Much more screen real-estate and doesn't seem bulky. Great for the 45+ crowd. I've been flying in mostly overcast skies though and I know sun glare is going to be a problem needing to be solved.
  • Sunny life Heightened landing gear. Don't fly from grass with it! What was DJI thinking?
  • NIDICI Handle Bag: I got this as a gift but looking up the price you can't beet it. Not bad. Doesn't have a logo at all which I like. The foam smells bad but its not a deal breaker for me.
  • UAV Forecast: Highly recommend it. Use it constantly to give me a thumbs up or down about flying.

Thumbs Down List:
  • TELESIN Propeller Gaurds: Thought this would help prevent crashes flying indoors. Waste of money. If your Mavic thinks its in the wrong spot the guards aren't going to stop it. Just adds weight and parts to shag out of the tree tops. BTW don't fly indoors!
  • Mavic Sunshade: They need to go back to the drawing board on this POS. Especially when it comes to the iPad mini.
  • VR Goggles: Not that it doesn't work its just that you'll need a spotter and there are simply too many blind spots wearing them. Perhaps in a future release if you had a bit more data that you could see through the goggles to assist you I'd be inclined to recommend them.
  • Landing pad. I thought maybe the Mavic would find it easier to locate home by having this but it doesn't seem to. I learned from a youtube tutorial that the Mavic takes a snapshot of the home point to help its return but the landing pad doesn't seem to make any difference at all.
I'm still waiting to test the sun lens hood I bought but I did notice that it can show up in shots so thats its first chink in the armor.

I'd love to see your list.

Reactions: Rkychiu
I found it only charged at 45w per channel and not the 58w on the specs. The stock dji charger is faster OMG a single battery. Sure enough you can do 3 at a time but it's not 4.5A as per specs, closer to 3.4A per channel.

That's weird I charge 3 at the same time and the remote and a iPad only takes 1 hour give or take a few minutes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes