DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What cable do I need to attach use an iPad?

kona

Reactions
I am receiving an iPad mount for the Mavic controller in the mail today but just realized that I will need a longer cable than the lightning one that came with the drone. What cable are you using and is it available at best buy (so I can pick it up on the way home and don't need to wait until Monday to fly with my iPad)?

Here are a few Lightning cables that'll work:
A 10-12" cable should work. If Best Buy doesn't have anything, you could use the cable you use to charge your iPad until you have time to get a shorter cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Schmidt
Thanks. I didn't realize that the plug on the bottom of the remote is a USB plug until I just read the manual again. I assumed I needed an adapter to go from the micro USB on the side to Lightning port. So there's both a USB and a micro USB (the one on the side I've been using with my Android phone) that both have the same output?

So there's both a USB and a micro USB (the one on the side I've been using with my Android phone) that both have the same output?
That's correct.

The one on the side of the remote controller that is micro USB kinda fools people as they expect the outline of the connector to follow the industry standard with the top and bottom being different lengths and having a profile that matches the Micro USB male portion of the cable.

The profile does not match the input of the cable very well at all. Perhaps it was a bulk deal on this style of connector that they just could not pass up. (unsure)

Reactions: MikeMauk
Keep this in mind when selecting cable length:

A few posts here reported the magnetic side of the iPad mini should be DOWN with the lightning connector going in on the RIGHT. This is because the magnet strip on the pad affects the controller sticks when mounted right against the RC.

Do a search, there is a good test of it here somewhere with pics...//

Keep this in mind when selecting cable length:

A few posts here reported the magnetic side of the iPad mini should be DOWN with the lightning connector going in on the RIGHT. This is because the magnet strip on the pad affects the controller sticks when mounted right against the RC.

Do a search, there is a good test of it here somewhere with pics...//
Maybe on other iPad minis. Not mine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azod.nem