DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what caused the jump in the video @ 0.15 & 0.18 any ideas ?

I was getting that all the time too. An IMU and gimbal calibration seems to have helped.
I got no IMU calibration waring maybe ill do it anyways i don't think i can hurt ? I will also perform a gimbal calibration too.

I got no IMU calibration waring maybe ill do it anyways i don't think i can hurt ? I will also perform a gimbal calibration too.

I didn't either, but DJI support told me to calibrate anyway for this specific issue. Make sure to do a compass calibration after as well. I didn't, and ended up with my next flight in atti mode.

thanks i will perform these calibrations and replace the memory card with a new one.

The first one at 0:15 I don't know, looks more like a dropped frame... the 2nd one is you releasing the sticks too quickly. You can either be smoother or turn down the "braking" action in the settings, by default it wants to obey your speed commands a bit too tightly for the gimbal to be able to handle.

performed the recommmend calibration and replaced the memory card. I flew today and it only happen a few times going in reverse not a big deal. However i did look at the bottom of the gimbal and noticed some abrasion see photo attached.

Attachments

• gimbal2.JPG
    gimbal2.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
+1 on the abrupt change in speed. Letting go of the sticks causes enough of a violent counter thrust that the gimbal simply can't smooth it out. I get it too, and until I realized what was causing it, I thought perhaps something was broken. Ever since, I just come off the sticks slower to prevent that abrupt change, and the problem has gone away. Looking at the video, it's difficult to correlate the glitching with the braking since every other axis is stabilized to the point you can't tell that the flight momentum changed.

+1 on the abrupt change in speed. Letting go of the sticks causes enough of a violent counter thrust that the gimbal simply can't smooth it out. I get it too, and until I realized what was causing it, I thought perhaps something was broken. Ever since, I just come off the sticks slower to prevent that abrupt change, and the problem has gone away. Looking at the video, it's difficult to correlate the glitching with the braking since every other axis is stabilized to the point you can't tell that the flight momentum changed.
The Gimbal does scrape a little does yours look like the photo i attached ? I flew more gently today
its a definitely something i can live with

Last edited:
Yep, that bit will scratch in some orientations and dynamics, you can see it on the ground if you take the unpowered mavic, tilt it back and move the camera. It's when it looks up, but given the softness of the damping system it can very well happen in other positions during strong accelerations.

I have toned down the gain and response settings on mine so that even with abrupt stick inputs it's unlikely to hit too visibly.

The Gimbal does scrap a little does yours look like the photo i attached ? I flew more gently today
its a definitely something i can live with

I just looked - prompted by your photo. No abrasion marks on the same spot as yours. But, as @Kilrah just posted, the tolerance does make for some interference of parts. It looks like the little black metal plate is actually a upper-limit stop for the camera. The gap is so small that if the MP is on its back, the camera will drag on that stop. I can only imagine that sudden changes in momentum during flight will close that gap up pretty quickly as well.

I just looked - prompted by your photo. No abrasion marks on the same spot as yours. But, as @Kilrah just posted, the tolerance does make for some interference of parts. It looks like the little black metal plate is actually a upper-limit stop for the camera. The gap is so small that if the MP is on its back, the camera will drag on that stop. I can only imagine that sudden changes in momentum during flight will close that gap up pretty quickly as well.
I just wanted to make sure this is all normal thats all. I must say todays Video is incredible i just Compared it to my P4. The Mavic is a wonderful machine so far very happy.

thank you all for your replies

So it's normal ? i think i have this same problem.. but i'm newbie (first flight) So how i can fix this ? thanks you !

I have the same issue. Check this video:

00:10 , 00:16, 00:32

Happening only in sport mode. Still trying to find out if it's normal or not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke