DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What device (iPad/Samsung/Crystalsky?) Would you recommend?

I'm currently using an old Samsung note 3 that is currently working flawlessly (aside from OTG) issue.

I am trying to hold off on a crystal sky due to the costs of getting one.

Does anyone recommend a specific iPad or any other device? I heard iPad mini 4 is usually a choice but wanted to see what other options there are... I will probably pick one up used but before I do I want to make sure there are other options.
I use a iPad Pro 9.7. Only for flying. It’s great no problems. For a few more buck you could get Crystal Sky. That’s what I want.

I will use the mount on it. I have the Mavmount 2.0. So stability wise should not be a concern. Especially the way the Mavmount works. On the other hand smaller gives better portability so I'm up for that.

I’m curious if the mavmount 2 will fit good in a Nanuk 920 case. The pgytech mount is good for portability but has a slight wobble on the arms that fold out.

I love my refurbished iPad mini from Apple and sunshade. Beautiful pics on screen

I’m curious if the mavmount 2 will fit good in a Nanuk 920 case. The pgytech mount is good for portability but has a slight wobble on the arms that fold out.
Not sure but it is two pieces. It is not the most streamlined packable mount in comparison to pgytech but it makes up for it's amazing everything else.

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab S3 and a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone and the wunderphone in which to fly with but Ive been eyeing the Ipad Mini 4 at Bestbuy for $299,Ive never been an apple guy so are there any pro's/cons over the other mentioned devices ?

7" Huawei Mediapad T3, £60 brand new here in the UK. Thumbswayup
The one condition being you need to use version 4.1.9 of the app.
Apart from that, it works great !
So the latest version of the app won't work.

I do feel like I want a tablet of some sort but an iPad seems the only way to go. Not seeing much "greatness" with the Nvidia shield.

And what do you think about using a small huawei G620? Someone using this phone for piloting?

So the latest version of the app won't work.

I do feel like I want a tablet of some sort but an iPad seems the only way to go. Not seeing much "greatness" with the Nvidia shield.

The video feed doesn't seem to work properly with any version above 4.1.9 for some reason, but I find this version does everything I need it to and the only feature I can see missing is pano mode, which I never use anyway.

I'm currently using an old Samsung note 3 that is currently working flawlessly (aside from OTG) issue.

I am trying to hold off on a crystal sky due to the costs of getting one.

Does anyone recommend a specific iPad or any other device? I heard iPad mini 4 is usually a choice but wanted to see what other options there are... I will probably pick one up used but before I do I want to make sure there are other options.
I love the Ipad Mini, it is so much better than my Iphone for flying, the screen is bigger and it fits the controller well. Although the Crystal Sky sounds even better, but is much more expensive.

I have been using my samsung 8 plus and haven't had any issues. I'm upgrading my phone to the note 8. Hopefully no issues with that phone also.

Reactions: MountainMan2017
I have used my S6 Edge and my S7 Edge with my Mavic without any issues at all but I just didn't want to use my mobile anymore so I went with a 5.5 Crystalsky and it is perfect (expensive) but perfect for me ...

fda683597fea182abc91f96599144676.jpg

I have used my S6 Edge and my S7 Edge with my Mavic without any issues at all but I just didn't want to use my mobile anymore so I went with a 5.5 Crystalsky and it is perfect (expensive) but perfect for me ...

fda683597fea182abc91f96599144676.jpg
Crystalsky 5.5 vs huwei 5.5. I'm really leaning towards the huwei based on other posts about it. No doubt the CS is far superior. On the other hand I'm still on the fence on whether I should drop cash on a refurbished/used iPad mini 4

Drone Valley on YouTube has a great video on compatible devices for the Mavic DJI go 4 app.

I use a iPad Pro 10.5” with both the Mavic Pro Platinum and Spark and it’s awesome and flawless. It’s also very bright and can easily be seen in the sunlight without a sunshade (although a sunshade would be even better).

The mount I use is a Skytreat tablet mount and it works perfect for both the Mavic and Spark controllers.

Reactions: norcal fpv
Crystalsky 5.5 vs huwei 5.5. I'm really leaning towards the huwei based on other posts about it. No doubt the CS is far superior. On the other hand I'm still on the fence on whether I should drop cash on a refurbished/used iPad mini 4
iPad mini 4 @ Best Buy is or maybe was on sale for $299 NIB. WITH 128GB WIFI . VERSION. I grabbed one for myself and it' a awesome for for the controller. Best part flawless and fast. Running all the latest up to date firmware and DJIs Go4 Apps software. Its now my dedicated device and the battery life of good too.

Reactions: jag32266
I have settled on a Samsung Note 8 phone and Samsung S2 tablet (T810 model). Both work perfectly with no lag or crashes.

The LG V20 phone which is on the DJI approved list crashed about 5 times per flight with Go4 app.

I’d have to say go with a iPadmini4 . nice size. I got the Wifi version with 128GB Memory. For $299.00 at Best Buy. New in Box . Update it as soon as you open it up and your good to go. Love the Screen it’s awesome !
299 is not bad. But 399. Hmm

I use a Huawei Mediapad X2, also known as Honor X2. Beautiful 7" screen, fit perfectly well into the original RC arms. (Don't like the idea to carry any extra tablet holder weight with me).
GPS, more than enough processor and RAM, SIM card slot (i don't use because i want it to be only my fly tablet).
NEVER had any crash of DJI GO V4 app. Also use AZ screen recorder on background without any lag.
I bought it used for cheap and i'm very happy. I recommend.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

I use a Xiaomi MiPad 3 (8", same quality screen as Ipad Mini 4 tablet) both with Go 4 (old version) and Litchi (last release). Works very well for about half price of Mini 4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying