DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What device (iPad/Samsung/Crystalsky?) Would you recommend?

I come from the “bigger is better idea”, I use an extra iPad I had left at the office, wiped almost everything off, added any and all mavic software I could find, and charge evertime I charge my controller... great set-up?

Very very helpful. I wanted this type of experience and advice. Fortunately after making this post. I stumbled upon the huwei post. I'm interested in this but it is not a tablet per say. But performance wise it looks great!! Price can't be beat obviously.
I have the Wunderphone & it works great. I personally need a larger screen.

I have the Wunderphone & it works great. I personally need a larger screen.
I have gone from Samsung S7 to Note 3 to iPad Mini to Huwei and now Crystal Sky 5.5.

I retired the Note 3. The Samsung S7 is my main phone. The iPad Mini 4 was supposed to be the larger screen but glare issues really made me mad. The Huwei was to be a dedicated device which I keep with all my drones. And the crystal sky now is the best with portability and clarity.

I'm currently using an old Samsung note 3 that is currently working flawlessly (aside from OTG) issue.

I am trying to hold off on a crystal sky due to the costs of getting one.

Does anyone recommend a specific iPad or any other device? I heard iPad mini 4 is usually a choice but wanted to see what other options there are... I will probably pick one up used but before I do I want to make sure there are other options.
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, model SM-T713 . It fits in the stock controller mounts with a slightly longer USB cord that plugs into to the bottom port. It has 32 gb storage and I swap out two 64 gb cards. Battery is 4000 mAh. I've had zero issues.

Reactions: TTFullTimer
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, model SM-T713 . It fits in the stock controller mounts with a slightly longer USB cord that plugs into to the bottom port. It has 32 gb storage and I swap out two 64 gb cards. Battery is 4000 mAh. I've had zero issues.
Wow this post is old. :). I now have a 5.5 CS and love it. Portable, amazing screen. Yes it's not as large as an iPad mini 4 but when travelling the CS is a perfect companion. I don't want anything larger than the iPad mini 4. So those days where its not sunny and I'm not travelling. The iPad mini works.

I'm currently using an old Samsung note 3 that is currently working flawlessly (aside from OTG) issue.

I am trying to hold off on a crystal sky due to the costs of getting one.

Does anyone recommend a specific iPad or any other device? I heard iPad mini 4 is usually a choice but wanted to see what other options there are... I will probably pick one up used but before I do I want to make sure there are other options.

Nothing beats Ipad mini 4 performance and form factor.

Reactions: HVYMTL
I bought a samsung tab A and would not work worth a darn. Bought the ipad mini 4 and will never look back. Apple products are the most compatible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven